Katana 100 first gig with it

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4135
    You don't need to copy branded amps for it to be modelling. It is digitally recreating the behavior and sound of  guitar amplifiers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    Had to do a bit of back and forth with the dealer I bought my 50 from to make sure I got the guarantee as advertised, but they eventually did, a very decent amp at the cheap price with 4 years guarantee, well worth it I reckon 
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    You don't need to copy branded amps for it to be modelling. It is digitally recreating the behavior and sound of  guitar amplifiers.

Not exactly, why can't it just be considered an amp in its own right. In that sense, SS amps are also modelling, as they are trying to replicate the distortion of a tube. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754

Not exactly, why can't it just be considered an amp in its own right. In that sense, SS amps are also modelling, as they are trying to replicate the distortion of a tube. 
    I have seen the line drawn based on the computerisation if the amp, the Katana Does specifically model the Waza amps on its brown setting, the others are more general.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 339
    I've just received a 1x12 100w combo and very impressed for the sounds vs price. I usually use Friedman soldano amps but this is a great back up rig.

i am however having problems saving presets from the amp to the GA foot switch. If I set up a sound on the amp..how do I sync this with the controller as the manual doesn't explain
  • Marktigere1Marktigere1 Frets: 101
    As I understand it (Son's amp) you setup the four presets on the top of the amp (hold the preset button to save current settings) and the GA footswitch simply allows you to select any 4 preset (or the current panel settings).  No syncing required.

To get control of the effects you select the 'Effects' button allowing the individual effects on each patch to be switched in or out.

You can also switch the FX loop in & out and also add 2 expression pedals to control Volume and parameters (Wah etc).

You should have a set of stickers with the amp that go over the GA's original ones.

All from a single stereo jack plug!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Actual question here, I was going to plug into tone studio later and tinker again - but last time I couldn't save the "default" panel effects.  I wanted ot swap one of the default "mod" effects for the tubescreamer model, and the T-wah for the autowah! :)

Can you change the settings for the "panel" effects?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Marktigere1Marktigere1 Frets: 101
    darthed1981 said:
    Actual question here, I was going to plug into tone studio later and tinker again - but last time I couldn't save the "default" panel effects.  I wanted ot swap one of the default "mod" effects for the tubescreamer model, and the T-wah for the autowah! :)

Can you change the settings for the "panel" effects?
    Again its my Son's amp but yes you can change the three effects in each mod/Delay/reverb block.

He added the Tubescreamer effect to his drive block and also a Phaser to his modulation.
    As I understand it (Son's amp) you setup the four presets on the top of the amp (hold the preset button to save current settings) and the GA footswitch simply allows you to select any 4 preset (or the current panel settings).  No syncing required.

To get control of the effects you select the 'Effects' button allowing the individual effects on each patch to be switched in or out.

You can also switch the FX loop in & out and also add 2 expression pedals to control Volume and parameters (Wah etc).

You should have a set of stickers with the amp that go over the GA's original ones.

All from a single stereo jack plug!

Thanks @Marktigere1 ;

so something is is wrong with mine as I indeed am able to save presets on the amp 1-4 and yet with the foot switch connected they do not replicate

i.e. If I set a nice clean on channel 1. With footswitch selected on 1 a different sound profile comes up  and it shows as channel three on the amp...
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
    im jealous of all you guys with the GA footswitch, i cant find one anywhere
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701
    monkey42 said:

i am however having problems saving presets from the amp to the GA foot switch. If I set up a sound on the amp..how do I sync this with the controller as the manual doesn't explain
    Have you put the sticker on it from the Katana manual so that the functions read correct?
    monkey42 said:

Have you put the sticker on it from the Katana manual so that the functions read correct?
    Doh

i have now ( I bought it used so assumed all was sorted). Now working fine. Thanks @menamestom ;
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701
      monkey42 said:
    monkey42 said:

Doh

i have now ( I bought it used so assumed all was sorted). Now working fine. Thanks @menamestom ;

No problem, glad its working!  ;)