Recommend me a PA system

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
I want to buy a PA system. Mainly for solo shows. Acoustic guitar and vocals most of the time for solo and duo act. Some times for a full band with electric violin added.

Been years since I bought one.

What is good these days?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The Yamaha emx range are pretty good value for money. We bought the 600w version about 3 years ago for a full band set up. Does the job nicely. Can be used just as a mixer with powered speakers. Very light weight too.
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I want to buy a PA system. Mainly for solo shows. Acoustic guitar and vocals most of the time for solo and duo act. Some times for a full band with electric violin added.

Been years since I bought one.

What is good these days?

I have a couple of Turbosound ip2000s that I use for smaller venues
    like the Bose L1s but cheaper
    1 of them would suit you
  • saint_iveysaint_ivey Frets: 17
    What size venues?
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    What size venues?
    Well, small to medium. mostly restaurants and bars, the occasional outdoors terrace. Anything bigger and PA is normally installed anyway.
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3127
    The HK Nano systems are worth a look should find something to suit there http://hkaudio.com/products.php?sid=32 probaly the 600 one
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • saint_iveysaint_ivey Frets: 17
    edited May 2017
    If it's just a duo I'd go for a couple of AER Compact 60 amps which will take a total of 2 vocals and 2 instruments.

Alternatively, go for 1 AER Compact 60 and pair it with an AER AG8 which will give input for 1 acoustic and 2 vocals; or 1 acoustic, 1 vocal and 1 other.

For anything more I'd be inclined to go for the Allen & Heath PA12 and pair it with a couple of Mackie speakers.

I use both setups for a full band and acoustic 2/3 piece for up to about 150 people and it works great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    I'd look at HK gear - the tall, thin stuff. Unobtrusive, and expandable. Either the Elements series, or the Lucas Nano (I have no direct experience of this).
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405
    Fishman SA220 is great for the money for a solo acoustic and vox or you can pair it with a small mixer to get more vocals and instruments. We use one all the time running 2 vocals, 2 guitars and keys
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    @Cabicular - yes, the ip2000 you posted earlier is very compelling. Are Turbosound a Behringer company?
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    @Cabicular - yes, the ip2000 you posted earlier is very compelling. Are Turbosound a Behringer company?
    Owned by the same company now yes but although I still have some of the old issues about their ethics I have to say the linking up of several pro audio companies is leading to some nice products.  

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    They've been bought by them in the same way Midas were I think.

• ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    The Mackie DLM12 series stuff is pretty decent. Surprisingly loud and decent for the volume. We've played weddings with them (with the DLM12S sub), but you can plug a guitar and vocals into the back of one of the speakers and its got built in EQ, reverb, volume for the 2. so for solo shows its great to just use the one, but pair 2 together and use a mixer you can add add in whatever other instruments you need.

And theyre super small and lightweight so easy to transport.