Two 'arms" are better than one...

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7028
    tFB Trader
    Just asking an arm and a leg for it
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    Re. "Need to know more just email me with any questions" - if a seller refers to a guitar's neck as an 'arm', I'm not entirely confident in any knowledge they might care to impart...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited April 2017
    Re. "Need to know more just email me with any questions" - if a seller refers to a guitar's neck as an 'arm', I'm not entirely confident in any knowledge they might care to impart...
    I dunno - the seller seems armless to me! D  but £1,000 for a SCL twin-neck (sorry, arm) - is that realistic?  I'd have thought perhaps around half that? 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    There seem to be more wires on one arm than the other.

Surely that can't be right?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    Re. "Need to know more just email me with any questions" - if a seller refers to a guitar's neck as an 'arm', I'm not entirely confident in any knowledge they might care to impart…
    That was actually the term used by some players in the 50s/60s - I remember reading something about the Beatles where Lennon was referring to his Rick 325 as his 'short arm' guitar.

These CSLs aren't bad as double-'arm' copies go, but not at that price… even with the rare original case. Especially as it's been buggered around with a bit. Probably worth about half that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Never knew that about the neck/arm thing.. I used to laugh at the only guy I ever heard call it an arm.. Jokes on me, I guess!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    I'll stick my arm out and say that this won't go for a grand.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3451

No arm in asking.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9613
    Ideal for playing "Staircase to Heaven".
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7028
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said: 
    That was actually the term used by some players in the 50s/60s - I remember reading something about the Beatles where Lennon was referring to his Rick 325 as his 'short arm' guitar.
    So the bit on the end holding the tuners was the... handstock?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    I remember reading something about the Beatles where Lennon was referring to his Rick 325 as his 'short arm' guitar.
    And, thereby, hangs a double entendre. ;-)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3451
    ICBM said: 
    So the bit on the end holding the tuners was the... handstock?

Nope, not tuners, fingers.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    Dare not ask about the nuts.