Haven't hankered after a production guitar in a while, but ....

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
I just saw Rob Chapman's signature guitar and boy do I really want one! I was thinking that my enjoyment of building up guitars had cured my regular GAS, but this for me is a HOT looking beast!!!!

Looks good for £599, but I've not seen any reviews.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    not sure i like that or not... it's kinda falling between two stools for me (at first impression, ask me tomorrow and i might love it!). It's got too much of the chrome tele thing for the modern style it's going for, and is too modern for the tele thing.

black chrome hardware might suit it better.

also not keen on the hotrails (i assume?) in the neck.

granted hardware and pickups are swappable.
  • jimmydjimmyd Frets: 60
    Looks like a lot of guitar for £600 being neck through an all, but 24 frets on a Tele doesn't sit right with me...
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Prefer the red finish but yeah I hear what you're saying dude, I really like ths AND the CAP10 model that Stonevibe recently bought, they do seem t be really well thought out and well built guitars.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    Looks nice value. Agreed on the 24frets... the neck pickup will always be in the wrong place in my experience...

The pickup choice is a bit 'rawk' for me - but then after seeing the man play, I can understand his choices. 

Backwards peg heads twist my melon... but then I'm a simple beast.

Otherwise, I honestly really like it. 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7158
    Looks like a fun guitar to play. Visually I guess you could swap out hardware easily enough if needed. Personally I would prefer a traditional three saddle Tele bridge, but that is an easy fix.

Price is very good for such an instrument and so should sell well.

The red ones of these look really nice, not sure which colour I would buy myself though.
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Actually, the only thing that puts me off is the colours, only black or red. I was really sold on the look in the pix there, which looks a dark brown - sadly that is just a trick of the light.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    Needs tape over the Chappers signature.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jimmydjimmyd Frets: 60
    georgenadaintl;14212" said:
    Needs tape over the Chappers signature.
    Heh, I don't actually mind Chappers that much, I think someone summed him on the old forum really well as "a loveable bell end." He should probably get that printed on his business cards...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    I'm not sure about it, Probably a good guitar underneath but think it will look very dated in 4 years time and be worth peanuts. Like a Maverick.
  • barry2tonebarry2tone Frets: 212
    edited August 2013
    Funny how a close miss provokes stronger feelings than mere indifference.

24 frets is Wrong.

I've seen more elegant neck/body blends done by members of this forum (in it's previous life).  

Strong fail, mainly because it's nearly there. 

>:/
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    facepalmed ya for saying 24frets is wrong haha :-(

It's horrid as is as the bloke whos name is on the headstock
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3340
    Do not like at all. the chrome is wrong so is the headstock, it looks cheaper than it needs to. I do love the look of the cap-10 model though
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7158
    The whole range is pretty much 'slightly different' to everything else on the market i.e. 24 fret Tele, mahogany bodied Super Strat etc 

To me that is the USP of Chapman guitars. 

Instruments for people that want something slightly different (the whole voting system in itself is a great idea) to the normal offerings that you get for around the £500 mark. 

Saying that I quite like some of the stuff Vintage has out for similar money too. 

As for Rob I like the bloke, have known him for a few years and we have done some business together over the last 3 or 4 years with shows and stuff. He is a very honest man, who loves what he does and always tries his best to help people. Believe me some of the people in the UK that run their own businesses could do with taking a leaf or two out of his book.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I like that.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • whos Rob Chapman?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    I like Rob a lot. A decent down to earth bloke who has a bit of a laugh. Those who say it shouldn't have 24 frets: IT"S NOT A TELE! it's just a tele shape.

Rob's band kicks ass - can't remember the name right now but they have a good video of one song.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    I think he's a really nice, honest guy. He seems 100% genuine about his love for the instrument. Would I want to have his signature on my axe? Absolutely not. I quite like this guitar, though.
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    edited August 2013
    I'm one of those who actually quite likes to watch his demo videos and this guitar appeared a while ago which I liked the look of and it certainly looks a bit different/interesting.  Really like the red one, but I really don't want to get something with his name on it!
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Looks like very good value for money to me. I have no objection to 24 frets as I often use all of them. The Tele shape was always going to cause ire as it is the luddite's electric guitar of choice. If you play below the tenth fret and use chord shapes down there then a 6 saddle bridge is simply better sounding due to the inherent intonation issues with barrel bridges. That looks like a fuck of a lot of guitar for the cash and perfect for modification.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I really like the look of the neck joint.    If it had a trem and was routed for a full sized HB then it could be something that tempted me.  Nice to see another addition to the chapman range :)