NKD

What's Hot
I bought a 'beater' drum kit for situations where I need to share a kit with other bands and I don't want to risk the DW's or any of the vintage kits.

Yamaha Stage Custom Birch in Honey Amber- 22x17, 10x7, 12x8, 16x15 and a 14x5.5 snare.
Will mostly be using it as one up, one down with a Ludwig snare.

Liking the bass drum and toms very much even with the stock heads, which are a bit bright.
Coated Emperors over clear Ambassadors are going on tomorrow which should calm them down a bit.
Snare- not so much but I didn't expect to be using it.
I have a spare LM 400 snare that will be used with this kit most of the time, or one of the DW ply snares.

Bass drum pedal and cymbal stands are fine- the hi-hat stand is a bit loose, I'll have a bit of a fiddle with it and see if I can tighten it up.

I am very impressed with this kit for the money- the whole thing cost less than a DW floor tom.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    Purdy!
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    I was hoping it was going to be new kazoo day.
    Foiled again!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7418
    That's lovely for a 'beater' kit :-) 

Nice
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ZenOvertoneZenOvertone Frets: 234
    I've got a Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage, a great kit for about 300 all in, as you say with Ambassadors on the toms and good tuning they are great
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    I've got a Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage, a great kit for about 300 all in, as you say with Ambassadors on the toms and good tuning they are great
    I've got Emperors on top and Ambassadors on the bottom.
    Ambassadors are a bit bright for me.