JHS & That pedal show

What's Hot

Comments

• Wait what, they cried? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Cabicular said:
    Get Devi Ever on... proper train wreck stuff none of this pissing about!
    Devi Ever and @VertexEffects con job special.  
    Add in Sean from Lovepedal and you have the full set.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • DungusDungus Frets: 170
    Dull, grey, soulless pedals meet the backslapping blues twins. Yeee har, Jesus and guitar solos!!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    This JHS is nothing to do with John  Hornby Skewes, correct ?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    jeztone2 said:
    Ok he borrowed some designs. But...If Marshall can't be bothered to make the Guv'nor mk1 in a smaller housing. Why can't he capitalise on their commercial incompetence? 
    It's not about borrowing designs from Marshall. 

It's about him ripping off designs from other small manufacturers, denying it and causing them problems and his support for homophobic groups.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Bothers me why D&M didn't confront him him more, or why he himself didn't raise the issues if he's innocent.  What's going on here?  If it's a fluff piece, why?  If you were D, or M, would you want to attach your good name to the guy without *somebody* in the room saying something on camera?

Bad taste after watching that...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    clarkefan said:
    Bothers me why D&M didn't confront him him more, or why he himself didn't raise the issues if he's innocent.  What's going on here?  If it's a fluff piece, why?  If you were D, or M, would you want to attach your good name to the guy without *somebody* in the room saying something on camera?

Dan and Mick seem like positive guys to me. I think if they thought anything untoward against JHS they would have avoided it all together. Why make a negative video after all.

Whether you agee with them or not, they came from the stance of spending time with a very successful pedal maker of which they seem to like the pedals. Nothing more, nothing less, and probably couldn't give a shit what internet fora thinking is.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Sounds like TPS are scraping the bottom of the barrel a bit now.

Maybe they need to do an episode on 'Best pedals for classic rock and pentatonic blues' to provide a fresh perspective 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    It's probably the build up to a collaboration between them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I always seem to end up saying this on these threads but if you don't like That Pedal Show then you are entitled to 100% of your money back
    Damn internet with its free content!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Had the first part on whilst cooking. Not as unpleasantly fawning as the Landreth one, just a fairly general tell us about why you are so great cheesy chat show interview. 

The TPS YouTube comments are usually pretty bland however the stuff about copying designs and links to homophobic organisations is being raised there. Mick is replying. I don't know enough to say wether he is being a bit naive or wether people are basically trolling on some outdated information but some credit to them for engaging.

After my recent chorus tribulations I do fancy the JHS VCR but as it's £260 wether I have ethical objections or not is a bit academic. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3840
    Wait what, they cried? 
    Yep, proper blubbing.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited May 2017
    mellowsun said:
    Sounds like TPS are scraping the bottom of the barrel a bit now.

Maybe they need to do an episode on 'Best pedals for classic rock and pentatonic blues' to provide a fresh perspective 
    LOL!  Mellowsun is hilarious!!
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    dindude said:
    clarkefan said:

Dan and Mick seem like positive guys to me. I think if they thought anything untoward against JHS they would have avoided it all together. Why make a negative video after all.

Whether you agee with them or not, they came from the stance of spending time with a very successful pedal maker of which they seem to like the pedals. Nothing more, nothing less, and probably couldn't give a shit what internet fora thinking is.
    Well they should, if the guy is guilty as is supposed then nobody should give him the time of day never mind buy shit from him.

It bothers me that they choose to give him air time and then choose not to mention it.

It also bothers me he was given air time and he also chose not to mention it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    clarkefan said:
    dindude said:
    clarkefan said:

Well they should, if the guy is guilty as is supposed then nobody should give him the time of day never mind buy shit from him.

It bothers me that they choose to give him air time and then choose not to mention it.

It also bothers me he was given air time and he also chose not to mention it.
    Mention what? I'm interested in simple terms what you think he's done. He's not a criminal, he is someone who has had a lot of "stuff" said about him on the internet, why on earth would you choose to regurgertate this in an interview. 

My point was, Mick and Dan obviously don't carry the same beliefs as you regarding the man, rightly or wrongly. 
  • DungusDungus Frets: 170
    He posted a "I don't do that creepy cult shit anymore" thing on his website and went through Reddit trying to clear his name. (I don't know if he still steals pedal designs from other builders, but whatever.) Apparently that's all good enough for everyone who likes his pedals and enjoys hanging around with him (eg. Pedal Show blues dudes and P&W reverb-mongers). Personally, I'm willing to let bygones be bygones, forgive and forget etc. If he truly has moved on from leading a band and selling his pedals and CDs through a Republican-funding hate church, then we should move on too. Plenty of reasons left to not buy his dull, soulless pedals. Job's a good 'un.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24270
    I think he said his company doesn't do the creepy cult shit anymore.

The word choice was very careful. Almost as if we has separating himself from his company. So his company doesn't support creepy shit anymore, but no mention of whether he does.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    So is this the pedal community version of the nestle baby milk controversy and boycotts? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    The bigger issue is that the JHS pedals I've had have been poorly made and unoriginal. For that reason alone he doesn't get my money anymore.

I don't get the appeal. Plenty of better pedals than his for less.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Well i watched about 15 minutes of that boring rim job. I can't ever get that time back. 

That guy is dead behind the eyes, he just spouts utter shit. I tried a couple of JHS pedals, thought they sounded alright but then i read up on his background, his dated views and poor practices. I'll never give that man any of my money.