Best Fuzz Pedal

What's Hot

Comments

• timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    edited May 2017 tFB Trader
    Bucket said:
    Also, @Bucket is a fan of some of the more obscure fuzzes like the beebaa and the Ibanez standard. 
    As TPD says, the Ibanez Standard is pretty mental as well. Not many clones I'm aware of though, and originals are rare and very expensive. And probably not particularly well-built - many of these old Japanese fuzzes were meant to be cheap rubbish, disposable items almost, and I doubt any of the makers were anticipating that they'd become collectors' items. Even by my fuzz-lovin' standards, some of them sound terrible. The Ibanez sounds incredible though. I want one.
    My go-to fuzz is the Harmonic Percolator, as despite the way Albini uses his, you can dial it back effectively to use as a kind of heavy overdrive. There's no scoop or weird frequency-affecting stuff either, so it works very well in a band mix.

The Standard Fuzz is great though. Since putting a version of this into production it may have even edged-out the Superfuzz as my favourite full-on, octavey, scooped fuzz. The octavey overtones seem to be more pronounced than with the SF.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    Lately, I'm loving the Hudson Broadcast at 18v. 9v was too mushy at high gain and I don't have the means to run it at 24v but it sounds pretty tasty at 18v in both modes.

For versatility, little beats my EFE Black Acid. Some people say that the DAM fuzz face/meathead type pedals sound more like distortion than fuzz but if you're conservative with the drive settings, you can get fat drive and psychey fuzz out of the monstrous black box. Or crank it all for doomy sludgey fuzztortion.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    I'm preferring the Zvex Fuzzolo at the moment, but the Carcosa is also good. I also deeply regret selling my Okko Black Beast, which was like the best OD / fuzz hybrid I've ever experienced.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3864
    I'm a big fan of my Analogman Sunface NKT-275 white dot standard gain.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Check out the Magnetic Effects fuzz pedals...superb.
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    I've got a @juansolo Skreddy P19 clone which is my favourite muff/fuzz. It has a tone selector switch which gives the option of pushing up the mids to help cut through. Probably my favourite pedal full stop! .
    Link to my trading feedback
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Tried a Way Huge Havalina a while ago. That  was very nice in a Tonebendery way, which was reassuring to know that my favourite pedal builder hadn't lost his touch.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5162
    Gassage said:
    I've been playing with the Veteran again this morning. It's utterly mindblowingly good. Obviously I peg all fuzzes to DG and this is Time or Echoes in a box (no not a delay pedal, wisecrackers).

It's simply stunning.
    I must of been living under a rock..I totally missed the Veteran coming out.. Anyone have :)  one going?? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That magnetic effect white atoms sounds great on the demo clips....
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    The best fuzz pedal is....no fuzz pedal.  I don't like fuzz - either in my guitar sound, in my navel or on my woman's chin!....and as for getting picked up by the fuzz...painful!  :3  :) laughgif
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    I thought I wasn't a fuzz guy but since my veteran I've changed my mind. It can be used as face melting stuff if that's what you're into but it can be used as a low gainer if you use your guitars volume . Perfect for me ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • From the ones I've tried it's definitely Pete Cornish P-2. Cuts easily and sounds huge.
    Good deals with: andrewaward (X2), wellsyboy (X2), AxeWieldingBastard, rainer2859, garfy, rogandroll, Gassage, HoraceB, johnhe, hyperben, JezWynd, interstellar, soma1975, pumkin, JDE (X2), JohnPerry, Varun, Springywheel
  • absolutpepperabsolutpepper Frets: 222
    i'm waiting on my Fig Fumb on back order.  It looks/sounds like a belter from what ive seen.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BumFaceBumFace Frets: 114
    I'm loving both fuzzes on the Chase Bliss Brothers. Boost circuits are nice too.

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    Fuzz War. It's like a Muff but usable in a band. The homebrew pedal I have called "Super Bastard Box of Loud" is pretty decent though, better than I was expecting. 
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    A SuperFuzz with the tone switch in the "un-scooped" position cuts through very well.

I built a Buzzaround kit for a mate and had a hard time letting it go.  A bit MKII ToneBender, but tons of volume and a more aggressive Muffy edge to it.  Really need to crack on and build another one for me!
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6111
    Only fuzz pedal I've ever liked is the Suhr Rufus Reloaded.  

Holy shyte @bingefeller , that sounds amazing!
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    Aside from the unibtainable, Thorpy Veteran and Analogman NKT White 275, some f my favourite fuzz tones have come from the Bearfoot range...

As some of you will recall, I ran the Tourbox a few years ago, and the Fuzz were excellent.

Indeed, i think all of Bearfoot/BJFE are vastly underrated.

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/Bearfoot Fuzz/No 6 Tourbox A.jpg

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/Bearfoot Fuzz/P1030967.jpg

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/Bearfoot Fuzz/BearfootCAF.jpg
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Boss FZ2 for me. Picked one up for about £30, really can't go wrong at that price. I also loved the Lunar Module, though it's quite polite for a fuzz and the Function FX clusterfuzz is pretty cool.