Help needed faulty G system

What's Hot
BarneyBarney Frets: 616
edited May 2017 in FX
I just went to plug my G system foot control in by the cat 5 link cable and its really loose at the socket and i cant get the cable back out again without it seems the cat 5 input pulling out of the controler...also no fx setting in the display and goes on and off as though its loose wires inside ....just wondering iff anybody knows iff this is fixable
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Is it not just a case of bending the plastic retainer up VERY GENTLY to help it hold the cat 5 cable in place?
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    Cabicular said:
    Is it not just a case of bending the plastic retainer up VERY GENTLY to help it hold the cat 5 cable in place?
    Im not sure will check now...thanks...it seems to be going on and off as iff something is loose though
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405
    You might find the Cat 5 socket is loose on the PCB and wants resoldering or replacing ... not a massive job. Or you might find one of the metal contacts in the socket has come out of it's guide slot and no longer making contact 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Danny1969 said:
    You might find the Cat 5 socket is loose on the PCB and wants resoldering or replacing ... not a massive job. Or you might find one of the metal contacts in the socket has come out of it's guide slot and no longer making contact 
    Thanks ...so it is fixable..i will need it for the weekend cos it controls my amp switching as well..just hoping the circuit board isnt broke 
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Danny1969 said:
    You may find yourself ... in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife ...
    ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just open it up and have a look. If you don't have one you can get a screwdriver with a suitable hex fitting from B&Q for a pound or two. Might find something just needs tightening 
    Thanks for the help everybody...just logging 8t here for anyone with the same problem in the future the part is
    Neutrik NE8 FDV-B

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom