The Only Way is Wessex......Or Is It?

What's Hot
BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5852
Bought a Bogner Wessex, hardly use it, but not because I don't like it, it's just that it doesn't take precedence over the Suhr Rufus, Maxon OD-820, Bogner Blue or LaGrange which inhabit the board.

Something keeps nagging me to incorporate it on the board for gigs, for a lower gain sound option, but I'd have to sacrifice another pedal due to Voodoo Lab outlets being maxed(yes, even with splitter cables), I already have a Wah off the board at one end and occasionally a Reverb Pedal (depending on the amp I'm using) at the other end, they're powered by a separate Mains PSU each.

So I have an MXR Micro Flanger, a Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser and a U-Sound Envelope Filter on the board. I dare say I've hardly ever used any of them for gigging, but always think "What if I need them at some point in some band"

I don't tend to use them that much playing in the house either and I usually have the board hooked up at home. You can bet that if I removed one of them, I'd start to want it back on there. I don't want to get into a pattern of swapping them on and off either.

I think it's the first time I've been all at sixes and sevens regarding pedals, I'm usually dead set on these decisions.

I could whip one off and if I had pangs to play through it at home with the rest of the board, I could just bang it on the end for the sesh. The scenarios keep going round in circles.

Woe is me!

:(

:)
Only a Fool Would Say That.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    What a terrible, terrible problem. I certainly wouldn't like to be in your shoes, I'd end up on drink and drugs just trying to find some peace and numbing the pain of existence. ;)
    There should really be a support group for people in such a conflicted state.

Isn't the Maxon a low-gainer?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5852
    Sassafras said:
    What a terrible, terrible problem. I certainly wouldn't like to be in your shoes, I'd end up on drink and drugs just trying to find some peace and numbing the pain of existence. ;)
    There should really be a support group for people in such a conflicted state.

Isn't the Maxon a low-gainer?

I know, some people just don't realise what it's like.....not fair :)

I kind of like the Maxon - or any TS type pedal - to use as a stacker/boost with the other OD's to thicken up solos etc. They're a bit too harsh/spikey by themselves, but very occasionally OK on their own I suppose, depends on application.

Oh, I don't know, I get on one and I can overthink Beans on Toast sometimes  B)

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I think the only sensible answer is to get a bigger board.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5852
    Don't really wanna go bigger, it's a Pedaltrain 2 so big enough already. Don't really wanna have to get another PSU or upgrade that. I'll either have to sell the Wessex or stop dithering and decide which one of the others to move off.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28172
    [standard response] Sell 'em all and get a Helix. [/standard response]
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    Personally, I'd take the Flanger off - you could probably get away with the phaser for flangery type sounds (or vice versa) - I prefer phaser to flanger anyway as I find them a little less obtrusive on your sound..

I'm the same with the Bogner Red - its there, but in all honesty it doesn't get used....so thinking of moving it on..

or buy a Helix - it fits on a PT2 quite nicely!! ;-)
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    sell it