Zepthus Power Supplies?

What's Hot
Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360
Anyone had any experience? Want something cheap for my mini board (it's started to screech on a daisy chain) and this fits the bill if it really is isolated

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XC1Q9DB?psc=1
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28198
    I don't see how it can really have isolated outputs at that price.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    They're little more than fancy daisy chains really.
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    I thought the Harley Benton Powerplant Jr was witchcraft for having 5 isolated outputs at £25 so I'm not so sure this does. It is possible, just very unlikely.
  • Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360
    Powerplant it is then - going to be hard not to buy a guitar i don't need just to get free postage at the same time though
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    Powerplant it is then - going to be hard not to buy a guitar i don't need just to get free postage at the same time though
    If you want the isolated outputs, make sure it's the Jr. A lot of people assume the normal blue one has the same, but it doesn't sadly. That said, I've had my Jr for about a year now and it's never let me down - really solid build and dead quiet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    The only thing I'd be wary of with the HB PPJr is that each output only supplies 120mA, which might not be enough for a powerful digital pedal - Strymons etc.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    The only thing I'd be wary of with the HB PPJr is that each output only supplies 120mA, which might not be enough for a powerful digital pedal - Strymons etc.

IIRC the Jr comes with a Y cable do you can go up to 240ma off two sockets. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • The only thing I'd be wary of with the HB PPJr is that each output only supplies 120mA, which might not be enough for a powerful digital pedal - Strymons etc.

This is true. And the reason I sold my line 6 M5 and replaced it with a boss dd2 and a digitech polara. 

However, bar that, it's been utterly reliable. I just wish the power cord was removable, but it could be sorted by a tech. 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Aye, the HB PP Jr is a brilliant bit of kit. Stupidly cheap and I don't know why.

Only thing missing is an 18v option but I'm happy with it either way.
  • Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360
    My plan is to cut the plug off and stick on an old-fashioned white one.

And it's just for my little board - tubescreamer (alright, Harley Benton Vintage Overdrive), rat (ok, Eno Myomorpha) , bluesdriver (alright, Biyang Blue) and a tuner (shit, behringer, being replaced) - sometimes a crybaby, no power problems with those running from a wall-wart with a daisychain atm (apart from the squealy noises) so should be more than man enough for the job.
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    Dopesick said:
    Aye, the HB PP Jr is a brilliant bit of kit. Stupidly cheap and I don't know why.

Only thing missing is an 18v option but I'm happy with it either way.
    If you make or buy a 'series' y-cable (rather than the 'parallel' y-cable provided) you can get 18v at 120mA. I use this for my Session JD10 pre-amp on my board.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    My plan is to cut the plug off and stick on an old-fashioned white one.

And it's just for my little board - tubescreamer (alright, Harley Benton Vintage Overdrive), rat (ok, Eno Myomorpha) , bluesdriver (alright, Biyang Blue) and a tuner (shit, behringer, being replaced) - sometimes a crybaby, no power problems with those running from a wall-wart with a daisychain atm (apart from the squealy noises) so should be more than man enough for the job.
    Shouldn't be a problem to power all of those. The only thing that concerns me is that you describe the problem as "squealing". The problem that isolated supplies are meant to overcome is earth loops, which don't sound like squealing in my experience- low humming or buzzing normally.

If the wall wart you're using is a bog standard 9V supply not intended specifically for audio applications it might be that that's at fault anyway, and the HB PP Jr will solve the problem even if it isn't to do with grounding. The one time I had a high-pitched noise coming from a power supply was when I was using one that struggled to supply enough amperage for the pedals I was using. Again, switching to a dedicated audio supply with enough oomph solved the problem.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2358
    Not isolated, according to this: http://stinkfoot.se/archives/808

(under mosky)