Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    About two grand overpriced…

I could be missing someone, but I don't know any famous musicians who used one - and they're certainly not very rare.

Nasty oversized black washer on the lamp holder. The cab has a non-original (actually quite good, but still not the right one) Peavey speaker fitted too, and is the wrong cab for the amp - it's a Bassman 70 cab, hence it would have originally been 8 ohms and has been scratched out/written over. The Bassman 135 cab is a 2x15.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    Last 135 on eBay sold for £375......

jpfamps said:
    Last 135 on eBay sold for £375...…
    I've seen them go for a little more than that, but I should still have said "at least" two grand overpriced rather than "about" :).

The cab is worth what, £200?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    And gentlemen.... *clears throat* "£2800 starting bid". Ouch.

Having said that, after eBay fees he may be left with just £375.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    Giving the chap the benefit of the doubt, the 135, with Ultra linear output TX does make a great amp for cleans with lots of head room, so probably £450 is about right with the cab, though personally not a big fan of Black Widows married to SF Fenders.
    The 135 is actually a very good old-school bass amp when fitted with 6550s - a drop-in replacement. For guitar I prefer them with 6L6s and the voltage selector at 260V, which is much less hard on modern valves. I have seen one - a really mint, late version with the blackface panel - go for £499, but that's the limit I would think.

• DanDan Frets: 441
    I had one of these a couple of years ago with a 2x12 bandmaster cab. Sold them both for £480.
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Fairly obviously what's happened here. 

Chaps retired, wife has demanded clearance of gigging amps etc. 

Hes now stuck trying to sell it for what or what he's told his wife it's worth. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    ICBM said:
    jpfamps said:
    Last 135 on eBay sold for £375...…
    I've seen them go for a little more than that, but I should still have said "at least" two grand overpriced rather than "about" :).

The cab is worth what, £200?

Can't see more than £200 on the cab; large bass cabs really aren't very popular these days.
    jpfamps said:

Can't see more than £200 on the cab; large bass cabs really aren't very popular these days.
    No, and it's probably only worth that if you take the Black Widow out and sell that separately I would think - since it's the wrong speaker, it adds no value having the two together. £100 driver, £100 empty cab - and only because it's a genuine old Fender.

I could use the Black Widow right now but I'm not interested in this one :).