Comments

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I tried watching this, but they were twatting about way more than normal and the information was seriously lacking...

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2608
    tFB Trader

Yeah I agree..  they should stop the stupid sketches...

I tend to just flip through most of their vids just to get an idea..  Their vids are way too long, 10 mins should be the max and that's probably pushing it.

• Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    Me mate bought a Shergold. Had quite a few flaws in the finish so it's already gone back to GAK. He's expecting another one on the way so I will report back on it when it arrives!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72329
    I tried watching this, but they were twatting about way more than normal and the information was seriously lacking...
    I saw who it was and didn't bother watching it. 

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    It was a good bit of fun I thought, although I was in a juvenile mood when I watched it.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Yeah I couldn't watch more than 5 mins of this. I very much doubt I'll ever buy one of these.
    Me mate bought a Shergold. Had quite a few flaws in the finish so it's already gone back to GAK. He's expecting another one on the way so I will report back on it when it arrives!

Not the best for a first run!
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6134
    tFB Trader
    ah you grumpy sods, I thought it was very funny. It looked like they were having a lot of fun. If all youtube guitar videos were the same we'd be bored crapless and moaning about it...
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    I watched it.  I learnt nothing.

i have decided I am okay with the updated styling. Not sure about the contouring on that top edge

i just think they have missed a trick not having a basic slab model with a solid maple neck and natural finish at about £5-600.

i will stick with my old one
    ThorpyFX said:
    ah you grumpy sods, I thought it was very funny. It looked like they were having a lot of fun. If all youtube guitar videos were the same we'd be bored crapless and moaning about it...

Unfortunately I am very cynical!
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6110
    I quite enjoyed that.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I tried to watch it. Didn't get very far..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Review? Andertons don't do honest reviews, they just tell you everything is great so you'll buy one, from them.
    Jack_ said:
    Review? Andertons don't do honest reviews, they just tell you everything is great so you'll buy one, from them.

Someone who may be as cynical as me. Whilst they do provide some entertainment, and I like Pete and the Captain, I cannot really watch long videos without skipping. I like the That Pedal Show videos but I'm even starting to lose interest in them recently.

At the end of the day, these videos are produced for one reason only: money.

They earn from viewers, they earn from sales, they earn from advertising....etc. It really helps to enjoy the products, which they do, so that can come across.

YouTube is a very easy way for someone to advertise if they do it in the right way.

• DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    Lovely way to earn a living -pissing around with your mate ,having a good belly-laugh and getting paid for it
    Who isn't envious of that ?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    ThorpyFX said:
    It looked like they were having a lot of fun.
    This is precisely the problem. THEY are. That is still no reason for the viewer to buy the products under discussion.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Dominic said:
    Lovely way to earn a living -pissing around with your mate ,having a good belly-laugh and getting paid for it
    Who isn't envious of that ?

True!
    edited May 2017
    I did lol recently at Chappers, who has been a D'Addario user for life and has told everyone else to use them forever is now all of a sudden an Ernie Ball man, because the Paradigm strings are so good, and in no way because Ernie Ball are now sponsoring him.

The best skill a YouTuber can have is dressing up sponsorship or paid promotions as genuine. But eventually you become an artist at it, and then it becomes hard for the informed to take what you say seriously.

Much the same as Ryan Bruce; came along with some good content, but now his channel is bogged down with all the stuff he's paid for/sponsored by.
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    ThorpyFX said:
    Doug and Pat.......
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    Watered down Shergold's played by watered down YouTubers.