When your fantastically planned board doesn't quite fit....

What's Hot
gibsongretschfangibsongretschfan Frets: 1050
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghghghfgggfgg

excuse me....

so anyone got any bright ideas how I can fit that pedal in that hole? Some of those pedal to pedal 1/4 connectors?

oh there's a Polytune Mini going in the top right too

https://imgur.com/gallery/FQhzy
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Magnetic_EffectsMagnetic_Effects Frets: 135
    tFB Trader
    You could clear some space by mounting a pedal on top of the pedal Power 2?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • You could clear some space by mounting a pedal on top of the pedal Power 2?
    Just tried and the case won't close :(

ive got a bad feeling the Sub n Up is gonna have to go
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4040

excuse me....

so anyone got any bright ideas how I can fit that pedal in that hole?
    Oh I know this pain and frustration!
    My answer wasn't the cheapest but I'm actually really happy with it now:
    New PSU.
    I took the Pedal Power 2+ off and replaced it with a Cioks DC5 and some extra cables cos they don't give you quite enough.
    Its profile is slim enough to fit under a PedalTrain Metro and the end result is actually a lot tidier.
    Everything now fits.
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1266
    If you move the power supply left (right into the corner), move the tc left, sp right (into the corner) you can then rotate the small stone 90 degrees. That should give you enough room to rotate the sub 'n' up and fit one of the front row alongside - which should free up room for the fuzz.
    :-B
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7788
    Small cable plugs help too
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4559
    Put your wah on the floor, like a lot if other people do
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33815
    You only really need 5 of those pedals.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17652
    tFB Trader
    octatonic said:

Yep agree. 

If it's a gigging board it looks too hard to use. 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Grunfeld said:

excuse me....

New PSU.
    I took the Pedal Power 2+ off and replaced it with a Cioks DC5 and some extra cables cos they don't give you quite enough.
    Its profile is slim enough to fit under a PedalTrain Metro and the end result is actually a lot tidier.
    Everything now fits.
    DC5 is a good shout. You could add a GigRig Isolator (or two) and run it from the 300mA out on the DC5 for additional clean power.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    I see quite a few boards on here that seem difficult, to me, to use live and/or seem to have redundant pedals but people still say they gig with them.* For me, for starters, this one is three rows on a flat board so anything in the back row would never get used. But, hey...yeah as has been said consider having the wah on the floor. Might cure a noise problem (might not) but will stop having anything flexing underneath the wah and stop you flexing the board each time you use the wah (as the only pedal that has sustained weight on it). 

*and clearly play places with more stage room than I do. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Kill the Polytune Mini and get a Polytune clip?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27146
    If you move the power supply left (right into the corner), move the tc left, sp right (into the corner) you can then rotate the small stone 90 degrees. That should give you enough room to rotate the sub 'n' up and fit one of the front row alongside - which should free up room for the fuzz.
    This

octatonic said:
    Also this. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Grunfeld said:

excuse me....

New PSU.
    Everything now fits.
    I really like the Cioks power supplies, the Adam is a great little thing

only problem is I need the AC outlet on the PP2 for the TC SCF as I don't want to run two power cable so to my board

• If you move the power supply left (right into the corner), move the tc left, sp right (into the corner) you can then rotate the small stone 90 degrees. That should give you enough room to rotate the sub 'n' up and fit one of the front row alongside - which should free up room for the fuzz.
    WIN

well sort of lol... the reason the gap was there was to be able to plug the cable from the amp into the back of the Flint which is the last in my chain (when it all gets soldered up) 

however i dont think theres any way around using a patchbay on this lard of everything is to fit.

i can attach the compressor and tuner to the top of the patch bay as I was going to need to raise them anyway
  • octatonic said:
    I don't really need any of them but they are all present for a reason. I have a Helix and shove a Tech 21 RK5 and Zoom MS50 in the bag as a back up. This board isn't really a B board it's more just a board that ONLY contains sounds that I personally like to play with. So indulge me :)
  • Kill the Polytune Mini and get a Polytune clip?
    I have one and did toy with this idea but if I ever actually want to gig this board I think I'd miss having something to mute my signal with
  • I see quite a few boards on here that seem difficult, to me, to use live and/or seem to have redundant pedals but people still say they gig with them.* For me, for starters, this one is three rows on a flat board so anything in the back row would never get used. But, hey...yeah as has been said consider having the wah on the floor. Might cure a noise problem (might not) but will stop having anything flexing underneath the wah and stop you flexing the board each time you use the wah (as the only pedal that has sustained weight on it). 

*and clearly play places with more stage room than I do. 
    Diago pedal riders are all of our friends. The SCF, SP, Polytune and Alterego will all be raised. The two strymons are taller than the pedals under them and the Small Stone has its own staircase attached is so big anyway

Anything I need to stand on in a hurry is easy to get to
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33815
    octatonic said:
    I don't really need any of them but they are all present for a reason. I have a Helix and shove a Tech 21 RK5 and Zoom MS50 in the bag as a back up. This board isn't really a B board it's more just a board that ONLY contains sounds that I personally like to play with. So indulge me :)
    No, I don't think so. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Move your wah out of the box. It being that close to the PP2+ will probably add hum and noise to your signal anyways!
  • Drew_TNBD said:
    Move your wah out of the box. It being that close to the PP2+ will probably add hum and noise to your signal anyways!
    That always leaves the problem of carting a loose wah around though. Do you stick it in your gig bag? What do you do with your cables then??! Then you've got another patch cable and possibly even another power adapter or even (shock horror) leave yourself at the mercy of a 9v battery