Gear4Music - No voucher codes? but ordered anyway & new case just arrived.

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4726
edited May 2017 in Guitar
Before I order a guitar case from them, just wondered if there were any discount or free delivery codes for 1st time customers? 
I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited May 2017
    Highly unlikely. Most places don't do codes these days, you'll just get a redirect to their sales or b-stock section.

Does the case not come to more than their minimum free shipping? If not, have you looked around at other outlets?
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4726
    edited May 2017
    Jack_ said:
    Highly unlikely. Most places don't do codes these days, you'll just get a redirect to their sales or b-stock section.

Does the case not come to more than their minimum free shipping? If not, have you looked around at other outlets?
    I thought I'd ask just in case,, as there is space for a code on the ordering page. I've looked around & G4M seems to be best value, at £44.95 for a lined, tweed hard case, with £3.95 for local collection:

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Electric-Guitar-Case-by-Gear4musicTweed/7ZZ

I'm doing some 'recycling' & am going to use this case for my '69 Strat (which stays at home), the Hiscox case (currently for my '69) for the new Yamaha Pacifica 611VFM, and the gig bag that came with the Pacifica for an Epi LP Special.  I could save £5 by going for the black version which I would have done if it was for the 611 - but I thought the tweed would be nice for my '69 Strat.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5442
    According to the internet, about 5 years ago they did a "5% off all own-brand (Gear4Music) products with code" ... but almost nothing since then.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3426
    a 69 strat would have had a black case, though, not tweed...
    a 69 strat would have had a black case, though, not tweed...
    I know - but as its not an original '68/69 Fender case it doesn't really matter - I just like the tweed with the red lining.  ;)
    edited May 2017
    Tweed case ordered - being delivered to local collect point tomorrow.     If the black case had a different colour lining eg red, or gold it would have been fine...but all black (like my PRS case) is just too plain & boring!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Tweeds pretty damn cool, though! Have you seen those guitar  fetish cases? Paisley, and all manner of loveliness! Dearer, though, obvs!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

edited May 2017
    Case came today - nicely made for its price-point (not as well built or heavy as a bona-fide Fender case obviously, and it has squarer edges rather than the nice rounded shape on Fender cases) but for £48.98 inc delivery to local pick-up point, its damned good value.  (The tweed case that came with my 2004 50th Anniversary American Deluxe sells for around £200!) As I never (or very rarely) take it out the house, wear & tear not an issue. Perfect fit for my '69 Strat which was always just a little bit 'loose' in the Hiscox case (needing pads to be stuck in) - but the Hiscox is just perfect for the 611 and its as rugged as hell.  And my Epi LP Special now has a gig-bag (lack of space is now a real problem so will probably sell that for £50 which pays for the new case).  

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c33/voxman5/ADVENT-PC/IMG_20170517_143518120_zpsgjpz9xst.jpg
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c33/voxman5/ADVENT-PC/IMG_20170517_143414777_zpsvvnwzz6o.jpg
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c33/voxman5/ADVENT-PC/IMG_20170517_143439368_zpspy9ib587.jpg

• mbembe Frets: 1840
    After you purchase a couple or so items from gear4music they upgrade your account to VIP status. Most reductions are miniscule, but I have had some really good deals on guitars. Only thing is you have to hunt for them as they are pretty random.
      Incidentally, I have that black gear4music case and it does weigh a ton.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7111
    might get one of these for my 60's CP
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    I had one of these for my CP 60's, did the job a treat. I'd have no hesitation getting another
    mbe said:
    After you purchase a couple or so items from gear4music they upgrade your account to VIP status. Most reductions are miniscule, but I have had some really good deals on guitars. Only thing is you have to hunt for them as they are pretty random.
      Incidentally, I have that black gear4music case and it does weigh a ton.
    My PRS case weighs a ton, but this is actually quite light and lighter than my Fender tweed case.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7111
    daveyh said:
    I had one of these for my CP 60's, did the job a treat. I'd have no hesitation getting another
    get one then and give it to me
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!