SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Turntable (Sorted)

beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
edited February 2014 in Misc £
After deciding to become a true audiophile and consequently being donated a record collection, I'm looking to buy a half-decent turntable. My budget at the moment is £150-200.  Ideally, I'd like a Rega of some sort but I'm open to alternative options. What have you got? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10693
    Quite a few planar 3 decks on ebay for 150-250. Including one sold by Lintone, very reputable dealer.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409

viz said:
    Quite a few planar 3 decks on ebay for 150-250. Including one sold by Lintone, very reputable dealer.
    Yeah I've got my eye on a few including the one sold by Lintone.  I've just got a feeling it's gonna go over budget like the last one did.  It was on my doorstep as well.  :(
    You won't regret it - great spec and really upgradeable, can warrant upgrade cartridges, plattens, counterweights, etc, at a later date.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    I'm genuinely looking forward to it.  Didn't get my bid in on time for the one sold by Lintone.  A second late!  Oh well, I'll try for the others.
    What did it go for? Give them a ring and see if they've got some more.
    £160.  I never thought of that.  I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see what's what.  I'd much prefer to buy from a dealer if I can.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 737
    edited February 2014
    Probably too lowly compared to a Rega but I've got a Sony PS1700 deck from the '70's. 

Needs a new stylus for the Sony VL32G cartridge but these are available on ebay for a tenner. It is in great condition for a 35+ year old turntable and they are quite well regarded in some quarters. Certainly worthy of a new stylus and a bit of a service. And it has the original box and transit packaging!

Looking for £60 if anyone is interested. Collection from Bristol or postage at cost.

@robwright Thanks for the offer but I'm sorted now.  I managed to find a used Rega in my local hi-fi shop. Cheers though.  :)
  • Nice one. Planar 3?

robwright said:
    Nice one. Planar 3?
    Yep. Thought it was worth popping in and enquiring. It just so happened that they got one in last weekend.  They're just in the process of servicing it and then it's mine!  :D