What guitar in your collection is getting the most love right now?

What's Hot

Comments

• NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    Even split between my Junior and Classic '60's Strat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    My Luther Dickinson 335 -  thanks @Majorscale :) - and my 52' AVRI Telecaster.
    My Tokai LS160 is also starting to see some love more recently.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6682
    I struggled to really enjoy Telecasters until quite recently. My recent purchase of a CS Nocaster has changed that. I think that my three get pretty much equal playing time, but the Nocaster just (maybe it's the honeymoon period) gets the edge right now. I have hardly put it down since it arrived at my place.... 

It has what I consider to be the "perfect" neck and sounds amazing and is as light as a feather (well, 6.5lbs of feathers). 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    The Lowden I'm selling. Or was selling.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2593
    PRS DGT.  Just a fantastic combination of playability and versatility.  Purely in terms of sound my Suhr Classic is probably a bit closer to my ideal, but I like the shorter scale length of the PRS.

Only slight downside is although it's a wonderful looking guitar it's definitely got a modern vibe while my last two projects have been pretty retro.  I'm debuting with a swing band in a couple of weeks and tempted to take a Gibson semi rather than the PRS purely because it's a better fit visually.

“To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    edited May 2017
    Currently its the Yamaha Pacifica 611VFM in translucent black, which I only bought last week. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
    My tele baja, bought 3 months ago, the only guitar gigged at the moment, also like my cheapy squier strat,  been neglecting my les paul studio, seriously contemplating selling it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 2015 LP Jr. 
    I've not had it long & I'm trying to suss out the G-force tuners- which I'm starting to like a lot and the neck- which plays REALLY well, but feels a bit alien until I get a couple of bars into a tune.
     (I can't see the hologram or weird squiggle on the headstock when playing so they're a non issue). 

It makes a GREAT noise though & different enough from my SG Jr (which is my usual main guitar) to justify having both. 
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    I have to confess, I'm cheating on my Les Paul....with a Squier Tele!  I know, it just isn't right, but when I take the tele to a jam session I get more compliments than when I play a gig with my Les Paul.  I don't understand it either, I need help.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5418
    edited May 2017
    I have to confess, I'm cheating on my Les Paul....with a Squier Tele!  I know, it just isn't right, but when I take the tele to a jam session I get more compliments than when I play a gig with my Les Paul.  I don't understand it either, I need help.
    If there's more than one guitar in your jam group then the tele probably cuts through better than your LP.

So many of my favourite multi guitar bands have a tele in there somewhere whereas most of my favourite single guitar bands have a lone LP. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    An MIM Fender Robert Cray Strat in Inca Silver (hardtail).

It's just a great Strat.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I find different guitars suit the band or project your in. At home I play my SG1000 or my Les Paul. But in the band I'm in where there are 2 guitarists I find the Strat or Tele is the best. In my last band, I was the only guitarist so I used my PRS.

Weirdly enough I formed a new band last night with the singer from my last band & a old friend who plays bass. With that project as I'm the only guitarist I'm going to probably play my SG1000 more than anything else.
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515

If there's more than one guitar in your jam group then the tele probably cuts through better than your LP.

So many of my favourite multi guitar bands have a tele in there somewhere whereas most of my favourite single guitar bands have a lone LP. 
    I think you're right, I'm in a band where the only other guitarist plays a Godin acoustic electric.  At all of the jams I've been to in the past year I've been the only tele player in the bunch.  Usually there's strats, SG's, yamaha 335 copies etc....., plus, they usually plug me into a better backline amp than any I own, often a Fender tube amp.  I do like humbucker guitars more overall but the attention the Tele gets is twisting my brain.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    PRS SE Singlecut Soapbar - It rotated itself round to the top of the "home noodling and jam nights" stack after I sorted out a minor glitch in the electrics a couple of months ago. Not only has it refused to quietly go back into the queue but it's actually made it to several paying gigs in preference to the Mira...  
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    This is getting a lot at the moment, and will be getting a HS-3 in the middle this week.....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
    K-Line Strat
  • SpiritOfTheAgeSpiritOfTheAge Frets: 133
    edited May 2017
    Standard USA telecaster, can put it down. Never been a Tele guy, always thought they looked dull. For some inexplicable reason I impulse bought one and have fell in love. It plays, feels and sounds perfect to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1239

My PRS Tremonti SE has been my go to guitar for the past few months, while my Strat languishes gathering dust on it's hanger. 

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    My Jem is getting the most play at the moment. And after playing 11s for the last 3 years or so, the 9s are like noodles. Going to be tough going back the other way :(
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    edited May 2017

Link to my trading feedback