A dark day .....

What's Hot

Comments

• armitaanarmitaan Frets: 379
    My strategy is usually to say when she finds a new one ( postman timing was bad yesterday as she was coming down the stairs when latest delivered ) that it's strictly a one in one out policy and I have someone lined up to buy something . She then tends to forget to follow up to see if I've actually sold the other one . Main issue though is every few months she seems to do a stock take including looking under kids beds and that's when it kicks off :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2378
    I think I've just come up with a great invention....The Stealth Case....slightly thicker than a regular regular flight case with a removable floor to conceal another guitar underneath....one case, two guitars...simple! You could have seven of these and 14 guitars without her ever knowing...lol ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    I mean it when I say people are welcome to stash at my office....that way you can own as many as you want...and just rotate in and out. You insure them. I don't want any payment. No one will touch them. And if your wife ever comes with you you can just claim to be trading one with me :)

There's 600sqft, with a lockable store room at the back....

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    In a masterstroke of husband logic I managed to persuade the missus to let me buy a boat this weekend.

• SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    7 Max guitars would not be cheap.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27497
    In a masterstroke of husband logic I managed to persuade the missus to let me buy a boat this weekend.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:

Already got one of them..
    TTony said:

Plus the fact, @TTony, it might look a bit daft on my mooring - specially after I've built the pontoon decking on it..  

• sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    My girl loves it when I get a new guitar:) . The joy of not living together. Been there,done that,didn't get custody of the t-shirt;:)
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6111
    I'm looking after a couple of guitars for our singer while his house is being renovated ;)
    You old dog @mudslide73!
    Kudos if you get away with that one!
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14427
    Jalapeno said:
    No not the weather, the missus sat down at the desk in the office to print something ... now hearing comments like I thought we'd agreed to 7 max guitars ?  Uh oh .....
    Hie thee to the walk-in wardrobe. Count her shoes. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    TTony said:

Plus the fact, @TTony, it might look a bit daft on my mooring - specially after I've built the pontoon decking on it..  

Ha ha haha! That's not a mooring, that's an open air stage!!!! C'mon, I'll help you get the PA system set up on those posts ... and then we're rockin'!!!!
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    ^ Bass doesn't carry too well outside....
    ^ Bass doesn't carry too well outside....
    Mine does - I have a Mono gig bag ;)

fandango said:
    TTony said:

Ha ha haha! That's not a mooring, that's an open air stage!!!! C'mon, I'll help you get the PA system set up on those posts ... and then we're rockin'!!!!
    Well that's actually probly quite possible - it's a fair size and you could seat 20 or so on the steps ;)
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Apparently 2 of my students are "borrowing" nice new guitars from me...

This is why I like fx pedals though. Nice and small, easy to hide. All moogerfoogers look the same at a glance...
  • DanjiDanji Frets: 225
    I hid one in it's case for years, and got away with it! Used to sneak it out 
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    I learnt after wife one I was not going to be with anyone ever again who made up rules about what I can and cannot have.

i totally see the point if the kids are starving and the mortgage is not paid a partner has a right to say get real.

but all the rest of the phoney bull games  about quotas one in one out will not be entertained. Hone your negotiating skills :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I learnt after wife one I was not going to be with anyone ever again who made up rules about what I can and cannot have.

i totally see the point if the kids are starving and the mortgage is not paid a partner has a right to say get real.

but all the rest of the phoney bull games  about quotas one in one out will not be entertained. Hone your negotiating skills :-)
    This! 

"This is my hobby, you're welcome to yours too" 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    I'll be married 9 years in October. My wife plays the piano and I'm happy to let her use my guitar/s. We've never had that sort of conversation about "how many" guitars are allowed in the house. Does this REALLY happen? I know we joke as guys but seriously... it seems a tad weird, doesn't it? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom