FX loop. Advice

What's Hot
HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
This is an ongoing issue for me but any advice much appreciated. I have a Bad Cat Black Cat and when I use the fx loop the old signal/tone loss issue occurs. Is there a buffer pedal or  booster available (that won't break the bank)? Hard to believe that high end amps have this issue, Friedman put buffered FX loops as standard why other high end boutiques don't is beyond me.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    Boss LS-2.

Fully buffered, two separate loops (you only need to use one if that's all you need) with level controls.

For the best result you will need to put it right next to the amp with short cables to the send and return, and long cables to the pedals you're using.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
    @ICBM ohh thanks, I'll definitely give that a go. I'll start with a classifieds search :)
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    Here's another option. It's optimised for Valve impedance and signal level. 
    http://www.ceriatone.com/klein-ulator/
    @exocet Cheers, I have looked at these in the past but struggled to get in UK
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    HoraceB said:
    @exocet Cheers, I have looked at these in the past but struggled to get in UK
    You have to order direct from Ceriatone. They turn orders around very quickly.
    @exocet Cheers, I have dropped him a line.