Comments

• RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

Nah, that's the relicing department.

13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14237
    tFB Trader
    Am I being cynical, but do you think a few extra guitars could have been added to the 'damaged' stock for a bigger claim

seriously though that does look a big mess - how many could have been 'dried' out and sold or how many were totally beyond repair I don't know but does appear to be a waste
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    The pile of soggy gig-bags is particularly heart-wrenching
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5421
    That's one way to take care of an inventory glut... bet they were hoping for floods in 2015 too.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    That's not the flood damaged pile, that's the poorly aligned neck pile.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Oh, you guys!!!!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    It's a shame because many of them do look like they could have been saved.... but they would need sanitising which may well damage them further.  

Simply not worth the risk of sending them out to customers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Rabs said:
    This is sad to see. That they couldn't salvage any of these, I find it hard to believe. The fallout - losing the wood, paying the staff for lost productivity, lost sales - all puts an interesting gloss on the recent financial figures over the last few years. Yet they managed to overcome it all.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Some have been saved.
    I seem to recall reading that Keith Urban's early GT is better then ever after restoration.

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4920
    They might've come in handy as paddles during the flood.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14237
    tFB Trader
    I suppose the issue of repair and restore is linked to the insurance valuation

Tell the insurance company they are a right off and you'll get pretty close to a 100% payout - tell them some can be repaired/restored, then the insurance payout will be less and you then have to pay staff, plus time involved, based on what might well be some long term projects
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2608
    tFB Trader
    fandango said:
    Rabs said:

This is sad to see. That they couldn't salvage any of these, I find it hard to believe. The fallout - losing the wood, paying the staff for lost productivity, lost sales - all puts an interesting gloss on the recent financial figures over the last few years. Yet they managed to overcome it all.
    Yeah same here... I would have quite happily taken a few of those and tried to dry them out or whatever :) ... I guess as mentioned above its not something they would take a chance over....
    I wouldn't buy one without some certificate proving it had been sanitised properly.

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    WezV said:
    I wouldn't buy one without some certificate proving it had been sanitised properly.

Yet we'd happily wang away on a used guitar bought off Fleabay ... 
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    fandango said:
    WezV said:

Now you mention it the Bullseye ones would make great novelty clocks. (Only half kidding.)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72333
    WezV said:
    It's a shame because many of them do look like they could have been saved.... but they would need sanitising which may well damage them further.  

Simply not worth the risk of sending them out to customers.
    This.

Many years ago I had to do an insurance assessment on a (once) lovely old Gibson acoustic which had been in a river flood, possibly with some sewer backflow involved. It wasn't a good sign that the case came into the shop taped up in bin bags…

I took one look and closed it up again. It absolutely stank. Even assuming that the warped and split wood and opened-up joints had been repairable, you'd never have got the smell out of it. I simply gave a total write-off valuation - sad, but unavoidable.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

fandango said:
    WezV said:

Hopefully most used guitars haven't been exposed to sewage, but I have seen some where I couldn't be sure
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    I thought it was a picture of the current Amazon Warehouse stock?
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    You sure this isn't a pic from their quality control department. 'Yep, put them in the back of the truck, they're ready to ship'.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Nah, they just been taking lessons on guitar storage from Yngwie Malmsteen - have a look at this vid from about 1:45 in.