Lynyrd Skynyrd - Second Helping album (1974)

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
edited May 2017 in Guitar
I love Lynyrd Synyrd's 2nd album. Great songs and great guitars, there's probably a Firebird, SG, Strat and Les Paul in there somewhere. I really like the interaction between Ed King's tremelo'd Strat and Gary Rossington's Les Paul on "I Need You". Not a bad song on the album. I reckon Del Amitri were heavily influenced by Skynyrd.

They look a bit spaced out in this clip (it was the early 70s) but you can hear the sounds from the album all there:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    Del Amitri were the band that Skynyrd could have been.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I went to see Skynyrd when I was a kid, Knebworth 1976. My second gig that was.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14244
    tFB Trader
    proggy said:
    was that the gig they kept showing the live version of Freebird from - especially on Old Grey Whistle Test

around 1978 period, when I was 18, I had a big soft spot for Skynyrd - I don't dislike them now but feel my interest is based on nostalgia and there are better bands about - I do play the live one more from the road album from time to time still
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    proggy said:
    was that the gig they kept showing the live version of Freebird from - especially on Old Grey Whistle Test

around 1978 period, when I was 18, I had a big soft spot for Skynyrd - I don't dislike them now but feel my interest is based on nostalgia and there are better bands about - I do play the live one more from the road album from time to time still
    Yes it was that gig. That red marquee they were playing under opened up into a huge Rolling Stones logo just as the Stones were walking on stage. Impressed the fuck out of me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom