Dorje' gear nicked in Berlin

What's Hot

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    edited May 2017
    Well, I know my car insurance covers me to ONE place of work.. a fixed place of work. 

So when the store asks me to cover another store for a day... ugh, no can do boss, unless you foot the train ticket costs. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    ICBM said:
    digitalscream said:

This is also their first European tour - regardless of how experienced the manager is, it's never going to be a smooth experience (although, as noted, insurance is the first thing a manager should be setting up).
    Anyone who leaves personal valuables and passports in a vehicle has failed the basic *tourist* intelligence test, let alone anything to do with being a 'tour manager'.
    Absolutely. With passports and laptops stolen they're potentially in for a world of pain going forward.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24272
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    skunkwerx said:
    Well, I know my car insurance covers me to ONE place of work.. a fixed place of work. 

So when the store asks me to cover another store for a day... ugh, no can do boss, unless you foot the train ticket costs. 

Regarding Hmrc for addition earnings. 

You can earn up to £2k a year (or there abouts) doing whatever you like (legally). Its called casual income/earnings. Hmrc cannot touch it. I believe you still have to declare it though. 

Theres a gov page on it. 
    How does that roll with your contract?

Every work contract I've ever had includes 
    "The company reserves the right to request you to work at any one of our sites" or some such legal phooey. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24272
    skunkwerx said:

You can earn up to £2k a year (or there abouts) doing whatever you like (legally). Its called casual income/earnings. Hmrc cannot touch it. I believe you still have to declare it though. 

Theres a gov page on it. 

"The company reserves the right to request you to work at any one of our sites" or some such legal phooey. 
    Do you want a black and white answer or a proper one?
    edited May 2017
    Well they expect us to travel to other reasonable shops to cover.. my argument is its unreasonable asking me to pay hundreds extra on car inusurance for multiple places of work, based on my low wage and the low chance of being asked to cover other stores.. 

I'm happy to go cover other stores, but I'm not committing insurance fraud by using my personal vehicle, or paying for the extra travel to other sites by public transport.. 

I basically moan loud enough and they ask someone else.. 

Teehee! For real though, Im not being awkward just to be a dick! They do pay the petrol or train costs as standard in those circumstances. 

I guess my puppy dog eyes usually gets me out of it because I'm a lazy fuck. 

That, or I've told them their standard fuel rate per mile is excessively low for my fuel hungry Lamborghini... 
    I should add, when I did look to change my insurance to 2  fixed places of work for a second job I once had, it went from £1070 odd up to £1500. Cheaper to not have the second job... lol! 
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    revsorg said:
    I have to say I feel more inclined to donate some money to the Chris Parker gofundme

Goodness, that's a terrible confused mess! The comments on that are sickening.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    skunkwerx said:
    I should add, when I did look to change my insurance to 2  fixed places of work for a second job I once had, it went from £1070 odd up to £1500. Cheaper to not have the second job... lol! 
    Wow, that's some expensive car insurance! Are you very young with a high performance car? I paid roughly an extra £30 on my £170 fully comp cover when I was self employed and used my car as a business vehicle
    I wish! Im 28, its a renault megane 1.5litre, 10 years driving experience... and a real shit postcode. 

It is unaffordable now.. and genuinely I cannot get it lower than £900 these days no matter what info I change when getting quotes. I know its a 'greater london' post code, so that must be it?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    joeyowen said:
    I was just reading, drones have been taken too.

Why on earth are they taking drones on their tour?  I always thought tours were roughing it in a transit, not sleeping with 17k of tech (let alone gear) and playing with drones.

This isn't a dig btw, sheer curiosity.

@joeyowen Chappers is a YouTube-driven phenomenon, so videos are the prime shop window for everything he actually makes money from (ditto all those in his orbit).

Other music YouTubers are using drone footage effectively to maintain interest in their channels: 

Leo Moracchioli (Sorry, Weebl, I'll never be able to forget about Norway after this!) Beautiful Fjord Siestas! :love:

Janek Gwizdala (health-conscious jazz fusion bass with tennis, exercise and beautiful scenery instead of buttery biscuits)

I've not seen any "Chappers orbit" drone footage, but I'd imagine that lot are following suit.

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    skunkwerx said:
    I wish! Im 28, its a renault megane 1.5litre, 10 years driving experience... and a real shit postcode. 

It is unaffordable now.. and genuinely I cannot get it lower than £900 these days no matter what info I change when getting quotes. I know its a 'greater london' post code, so that must be it?
    Christ, I didn't realise how lucky I am postcode-wise and how safe North Essex must be :astonished: .
  • skunkwerx said:

Theres a gov page on it. 

Reasons why law should be compulsory learning at school number 8,433. 

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    JezWynd said:
    ICBM said:
    digitalscream said:

This is also their first European tour - regardless of how experienced the manager is, it's never going to be a smooth experience (although, as noted, insurance is the first thing a manager should be setting up).
    Anyone who leaves personal valuables and passports in a vehicle has failed the basic *tourist* intelligence test, let alone anything to do with being a 'tour manager'.
    Absolutely. With passports and laptops stolen they're potentially in for a world of pain going forward.
    Passports are actually not that big a problem. Tourists lose them all the time. They need to report is to the police, then get in touch with the British Embassy in Germany.

Laptops etc, that's another story.
    Back on topic.. 

I like the brand. I have one of his guitars. 

Now my beef is, even if it wasnt Robs stuff that got nicked, he can sort it, and surely as a tight band, thats the brotherhood element right?

I mean, the guy was in Forbes like years ago, and from what I read, is earning an absolute mint from his various incomes. 

They have ties to Thomann for starters who are obviously there in Germany.. maybe they could help. 

But theres no way theyre not earning. Not with 17k of equipment that doesnt even include a guitar and an amp!! 

Their freakin tour bus on the american tour was hella nice. Definitely not a transit! Someones paying for all this.. 

so thats what irked me, asking the fans to donate to what appears to be well off and established musicians (who also have other jobs too) who failed to buy insurance or security. 

I dunno :/ 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2017
    skunkwerx said:

Theres a gov page on it. 

Reasons why law should be compulsory learning at school number 8,433. 

Haha, It would be good. 

Genuinely though, did I done gone goof? 

Wouldnt suprise me... lol. 
    So anyway does anyone wanna buy a couple drones and a laptop? 
    7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    skunkwerx said:

I know a guy called Rob who might, he has crowd sourced cash ready.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    skunkwerx said:
    Me. I just need to setup up a Just Giving page to get some cash first .. can you hang on for a week or so .. I now need a sob story ... ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    skunkwerx said:
    Well they expect us to travel to other reasonable shops to cover.. my argument is its unreasonable asking me to pay hundreds extra on car inusurance for multiple places of work, based on my low wage and the low chance of being asked to cover other stores.. 

I'm happy to go cover other stores, but I'm not committing insurance fraud by using my personal vehicle, or paying for the extra travel to other sites by public transport.. 

I basically moan loud enough and they ask someone else.. 

Teehee! For real though, Im not being awkward just to be a dick! They do pay the petrol or train costs as standard in those circumstances. 

I guess my puppy dog eyes usually gets me out of it because I'm a lazy fuck. 

That, or I've told them their standard fuel rate per mile is excessively low for my fuel hungry Lamborghini... 
    business cover is an additional £20 ( well thats my experience anyway), the 45p/mile is supposed to cover fair wear and tear on your vehicle and other costs incurred with business mileage such as the insurance.