Might make a half-decent modding platform?

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
edited May 2017 in Guitar

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Needs more knobs and switches, a red sparkle paint job and a less Fendery head shape.

It actually reminds me a bit of one of those east-European not-quite-copies-of-a-Jazzmaster from the 60s… I think it's the wrong (but cool) tailpiece shape and the very square corner of the pickguard.

You don't have to buy *all* the junk guitars though! Leave some for other people :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited May 2017
    Shall I book sir a taxi from the bridge pickup to the bridge?
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    ICBM said:

You don't have to buy *all* the junk guitars though! Leave some for other people :).
    On this occasion, I actually wasn't going to buy...this is more of a PSA... :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    There's room for 3 more pickups in there.
  • marktheharpmarktheharp Frets: 89
    Yes seen this on Facebook.I commented on why they always get the shape slightly wrong!
    The 'revelation' jag/jazzmaster shapes are a lot better.....  
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited May 2017
    The cut of the plate is awful, that long straight edge and corner round the bridge...
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    Bucket said:
    Shall I book sir a taxi from the bridge pickup to the bridge?
    That is one of the best comments I've ever read on this forum.
    Well done! :)
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    This is quite similar and it all works.....https://reverb.com/item/5328427-squier-vintage-modified-jaguar-hh-2012-3-color-sunburst-price-reduced

he said, plugging shamelessly....
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    I quite like the 'wrong' shape - as @ICBM said, it's reminiscent of certain Eastern European models - particularly with the addition of some 'period' mods, and at £125 new, it's quite tempting.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    I quite like the 'wrong' shape - as @ICBM said, it's reminiscent of certain Eastern European models - particularly with the addition of some 'period' mods, and at £125 new, it's quite tempting.
    It definitely needs the full complement of four knobs - I think there's just room to fit them and still leave room for the jack, although it would be pretty close to the lowest one… not that it seemed to bother some of the designers of those :).

Replace the knobs with something off an old TV, stick some sparkly Fablon over the pickup covers, replace the sensible toggle selector with a clunky rocker switch, cut the headstock down to something like a Ural 650 and paint the whole thing red and you'd have quite a cool Soviet-inspired electric that (unlike the originals!) was probably quite playable…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Whats the deal with Alan George Guitars? Does he just sell them or make them/modify them? 
    He imports them and either sells complete guitars or builds them up to order.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • marktheharpmarktheharp Frets: 89
    edited May 2017
    I believe  our very own Dan  at 4114 custom fx.bought a neck and had to send it back, but a lot of people on Facebook love them .? Alan George seems like a stand up guy though... I've had cheapy stuff,like alot of us and can end up costing more in the long run... but each to there own!