Katana, gigging , footcontroller

midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
Have gigged my katana, with zoom g3 for my effects but gigged the first time saturday using the footcontroller. I like to keep things simple, just using two channels with extra gain and boost on one. Just wondering how others are using it. how do you remember what effects you have in each position. it seems a major flaw in having up to 15 effects and 4 channels but not remembering what is where or am i missing something?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17650
    tFB Trader
    I'm not really familiar with the Katana in use, but the rule with MFX is always keep it really simple.

I always keep to the minimum of channels/patches (sounds like you already have this bit down) and then when it comes to assigning FX always assign the same pedal to the same thing on each patch.

So for example make the first button always a booster, the second one always a modulation, third always delay etc. 

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4726
    edited May 2017
    One of the reasons I like my Vox Tonelab SE and LE for gigging is patchnaming. The Fender Mustangs and Marshall Code have patch naming. 

The Katana doesn't, but then the 50 and 100 only give you 2/4 presets respectively. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
    Voxman said:
    One of the reasons I like my Vox Tonelab SE and LE for gigging is patchnaming. The Fender Mustangs and Marshall Code have patch naming. 

The Katana doesn't, but then the 50 and 100 only give you 2/4 presets respectively. 
    yes only 2/4 presets but within those those presets you hvae 4 effects you can switch in and out with the footswitch.  i have the zoom g3 which lets you name patches and clearly shows which effects are there and whether on or not, just gotta work a bit differently