Had lunch with Tom Ross in Madrid today

What's Hot
EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
The look in his and his entourage's eyes when they free poured the drinks was priceless. I hope his wee stepdaughter isn't too foo after a proper Lemmy style JD and coke (3 finger I kid thee not). Guns and Roses the morn as well. Tom had a G&T made with a 250ml measure of Hedriks amd one bottle of Tonic. Suspect the rest of today will float on by...

Madrid is not Edinburgh. (What is it with not being legally allowed to taste the Gin in a G&T in a Scottish pub???)
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Cool as. Love Madrid, may well be back there for La Vuelta later in the year.

Have a great time Tigger and co.  :D
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4934
    Who is Tom Ross?
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    prowla said:
    Who is Tom Ross?
    Thomas Ross.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Never heard of him.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Never heard of him.
    :relaxed: 
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Cool as. Love Madrid, may well be back there for La Vuelta later in the year.

Have a great time Tigger and co.  :D
    PM me if you do. Will point you towards all the wonderfull live music venues and make sure you don't go to bed till 8....
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2565
    Glad to hear Tom is having a great time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    cruxiform said:
    Glad to hear Tom is having a great time.
    Guns and Roses tomorrow will be awesome. We all have gold circle tickets and I'll get his lot their early as he has a pickup of tickets and no Spanish. Find a nice ish pub (The Vicente Calderón is not in Madrid nicest area) and wait for the Mrs to get their then some GnR. Should be fun. 
  • Sounds awesome! HELLO TIGGER!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    If Real win the final tonight he will see a truly insane city. Normally about 100,000 congragate around one roundabout in the centre until the team arrive their with the cup. Utter carnage. 
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    Evilmags said:
    If Real win the final tonight he will see a truly insane city. Normally about 100,000 congragate around one roundabout in the centre until the team arrive their with the cup. Utter carnage. 
    The commentary on the Madrid City Tours Hop On Hop Off Bus mentioned that Real Madrid celebrate their title wins at the Plaza de Cibeles by the Cibeles Fountain. Apparently, the city fathers are not happy about this and the fountain is boarded up. 

Is the Refugees Welcome banner still up on the Palacio de Cibeles?  
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9834
    The former BRMB radio broadcaster?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    rocktron said:
    Evilmags said:
    The commentary on the Madrid City Tours Hop On Hop Off Bus mentioned that Real Madrid celebrate their title wins at the Plaza de Cibeles by the Cibeles Fountain. Apparently, the city fathers are not happy about this and the fountain is boarded up. 

Is the Refugees Welcome banner still up on the Palacio de Cibeles?  
    The police here are not close to stupid enough to enforce much around Cibeles (or Neptuno if Atletico wins something). Most police are Madridistas anyway and hate the current administration. They will keep the peace amd nothing more. Not much the council can do about a 100,000 plus crowd without starting a riot. The TV stations all had cameras their and we're setting up this afternoon. 

The fans won't leave till the team arrives with the cup. 
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Glad you showed him a good time. A bunch of Scots in Madrid, sales of sunscreen must have spiked!
    My V key is broken
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Just back from the gig! Couldn't get a taxi, walked the whole way!! :lol:  It was good - only thing I'd say is I think the sound would be better from the seated area, but it wouldn't be the same experience. Time flew by. Tried to buy two programmes but the stalls shut at about 1am just as we got to the front, so no merch!

Thanks to @evilmags for helping us out. He's gonna show me some cool gear tomorrow and smoke me on guitar :lol:  

Well... I've seen Guns N Roses (in as near a form as I ever will) - never thought I'd see the day!
    1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2017
    It probably wasn't smart but sound was better without the earplugs in...! Time for bed - 3am here!
    Utterly lovely night. Slash even played a Gilmour solo. I hope Madrid lived up to expectations. GnR were very good and then some.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9585
    The former BRMB radio broadcaster?
    Love it mate!
    Been great!
    And get this @Evilmags .... Extreme are playing Madrid 15th July! Too big a stretch for me but would love to see them and Daft Punk one day.
    Been great!
    And get this @Evilmags .... Extreme are playing Madrid 15th July! Too big a stretch for me but would love to see them and Daft Punk one day.
    Might well go see that. Would be fun. Guns certainly was.