Composition Challenge #18 - Intro Music for thefretboard

What's Hot
Antique_GuitarsAntique_Guitars Frets: 1150
edited June 4 in Making Music
Hello love sausages! Time for round 18 of the Fretboard Challenge competition!

The competition:

Every 3 months there will be a competition, it revolves around individuals or groups of forum members composing or covering songs based on a set of rules or guidelines laid out for that particular competition.

For full rules please read here: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/8029/fretboard-challenge-rules#latest

Submission Details

All recordings will need to be sent via email to fretboardchallenge AT gmail.com

All songs will then be upload to the Fretboard Challenge SoundCloud page here - https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard

Songs must be submitted in an MP3 format and you need to provide a picture for your track

FRETBOARD CHALLENGE #18

Fretboard Challenge #18 starts NOW! - Submission deadline -  Midnight 15th August 2017

Voting starts 17th August 2017 - Voting ends 11.30pm 31st August 2017

A new voting system will be in place for this challenge, voters can pick their top 3 favorite entries.

First choice gets 5 points - Second choice gets 3 points - Third choice gets 1 point

Entry with the most points wins.

Winner will be announced just before midnight 31st August 2017

Guidelines 

Intro Music for thefretboard!

------------------------------------

I know what you're thinking, why hasn't thefretboard got its own into theme like GRANDSTAND or BBC snooker? Well the answer is that you lazy bastards haven't written it yet so bloody well get on with it you little fruits! yum 
----------------

No Limits of any kind!

Deadline

Midnight (UK time) 15th August 2017.

No prize this time 
Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 12277
    Interesting .... trumpets and a fanfare ....
    My pump-action drivel gun is smoking hot today!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 879
    I've just had a flash of inspiration/title - no idea how I'm going to actually manifest it though.
                                                                                                                                                   My 'Guitar diaries' on BandCamp
                                                                                                                                                            My Soundcloud stream

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 16243
    Can I use the Last of the Summer Wine theme?
    I am the juice of four limes.
    Trading Feedback
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 722
    Errr....how long does this have to be?

Mac Mini i7, 2.3Ghz.
    Presonus Studio One Pro.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 11122
    spark240 said:
    Errr....how long does this have to be?
    As long as it needs to be.
    Never forget that you are wearing your invisible tiara.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 16243
    Twice as long as half its length.

I am the juice of four limes.
    Trading Feedback
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 722
    octatonic said:
    Twice as long as half its length.

Well why didnt they state that in the brief !....and how wide should it be?

Mac Mini i7, 2.3Ghz.
    Presonus Studio One Pro.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    I have a very rough outline of an idea sketched out on the computer. As is often the case with me, it started with a title. I've just got to start recording guitars now and see where it leads.
    :-/
                                                                                                                                                            My Soundcloud stream

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 590
    I've got the basic arrangement sorted, including melodies and backing. Now it's a case of tarting it up.

Hopefully there will be a few entries for this one.
    It's not a competition
    I did a bit more work on mine today - recorded some guitars, sequenced some vst synths (which is slow and tiresome for me). It's turning out quite different from the original concept.
                                                                                                                                                            My Soundcloud stream

I'm stumped ... forecast is rain today so I'll get my acoustic out and have a noodle.
  • get em in peeps
    Old Is Gold
    I've completed and mixed the tune.

Now I'm struggling with the picture as usual. I keep having to modify the concept to fit with what I can figure out how to do in Blender 3D. But I'm hoping this is good brain training for an old git like me.

It's not a competition
    Sent mine in.
    It's not a competition
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 346
    Sent.  Just a 30 second thing, kind of like a splash when a program opens, I think....

Whoever called it "rush hour" should not be allowed to name anything else.

Dulcet Jones Creepy Music Blog http://dulcetjones.blogspot.com/

Slow but steady progress with mine - bass is down and I recorded some more guitar today. I've got a couple of little lines to work out / record and then mix the thing.
                                                                                                                                                            My Soundcloud stream

• kinkin Frets: 499
    Sent one in, tenuous link to the brief as always, basically singing the word fretboard over the top of a couple of tracks of guitar.

I have a track and a basic mix. :)

Now, how long have I got to give it a final spit and polish?

Mine turned out nothing like my original idea (as ever) - it's kind of like something from an HBO mini-series, or something? 
    :-??
                                                                                                                                                            My Soundcloud stream

Entered. :bz
                                                                                                                                                            My Soundcloud stream

Hell .. I'd better get started ... :#
  • less than 24 hours left peeps
    Old Is Gold
    And squeaks over the line with a late entry (as usual) .. ;-)
  • less than 2 hours left peeps
    Old Is Gold
  • Entry closed 
    Old Is Gold