Top of the Hexe Revolver list...

What's Hot
Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
edited June 2017 in FX
My name has come up on the Hexe Revolver list. 6 months wait at present. With current exchange rates, though, it'll be £350+

Should I buy it, or pass? 

I like like a bit of sonic experimentation but won't use it with the band, I don't think...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    edited June 2017
    These sure sound groovy but tree fiddy is a lot of cash. If there is a waiting list you'll be able to sell it on I'd say.

Roll the dice, 1,2 or 3 pass, 4,5 or 6 buy it.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited June 2017
    When people ask this question, they don't really want them, otherwise they wouldn't be asking the question.

The question really is; if I blow £350 on this thing that I don't really want, do you think I'll be able to sell it on and get my money back?

Or, more cynically; I don't really want this thing and it's a bit expensive, still... I wonder if I can make some money selling it on...? Because waiting list = demand, with people prepared to pay far too much for things.

/Dr Juan
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Surely you had some idea of how much it would cost when you went on the waiting list?
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    Sassafras said:
    Surely you had some idea of how much it would cost when you went on the waiting list?
    Indeed I did, though of course it's a bit more expensive now following currency movements. As ever with wait lists, what seemed like a good idea at the time often seems less so half a year later...I bought some Pocket Operators at the same time I went on the list, and have already sold most of them :) 

I dont think the Revolvers are sufficiently in demand to command a premium and I'm not a flipper so that's not a factor.

• I've only seen Davin Torn using them, but they look awesome. 6 months is not that a long a wait if you don't have the cash now and decide to buy later? Vicariously, I say get it. 
    Torn was where i saw them in use first too. 

Dr Juan was right - i decided I obviously didn't want it given I was prevaricating.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    edited June 2017
    Rare as hens teeth.... but id pass.

I had one when my name came up, and like most of these 'weird' pedals (eg Dream Sequence Hologram, CT5 etc) they are really hard to use AND dulicate the sounds in real life. All are vastly overrated imho, and I really wanted to like each of em...

Ive imported all of these from the US and lost a boat load on each.

PASS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33796
    Impossible for another person to answer imho.
    I don't know what will connect you to music.
    For some it is down to the gear they use, how they use it- for others it is the music they transcribe and learn and then reinterpret.

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22116

You need to be into the right type of music for these pedals to work. A CT5 and an SMMH is an astounding combination if you're into loops and glitchy electronic things. The folk who are more traditional won't really get them. A CT5 is as wasted on the "nice valve amp and Klon and blues riffs" crowd as a gold Klon is on me. 

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22116
    As for the Hexe Revolver... I would pass.  

edited June 2017
    I passed

Not because I need to buy a Klon though ;)
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I find the Count To Five super useful, my band only plays bland indie rock and I couldn't imagine my board without it. I'd have bought the Hexe as I'm sure if you weren't feeling it you could have got full value for it. Lots of people looking for a dedicated glitcher seem to have either that or the MWFX Judder, and the latter seem to be even harder to get hold of than the Revolver these days. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    Dont be fooled... youve got no chance of recovering £350, in my own opinion of course.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BeefBeef Frets: 260
    edited June 2017
    I just bought one off of Dan on here a couple of weeks ago. I absolutely love it. It's phenomenal IMO. But I don't make very traditional music and I can definitely see how much more limited it's uses would be if you aren't into noisy, glitchy and experimental noodlings. But still, it just depends on how use them; I don't think there's anything inherently unmusical or obtuse about any of these things if you spend a bit of time learning their nuances.

For a bit of context I've got two Count to Fives, a Judder and a Possessed too... so it fits right in.

I think it's a brilliantly designed pedal, and pretty unique even compared to similar pedals like the Judder. But I think you can probably find cheaper pedals that do somewhat similar things with much less troubling price tags.

For example the Stammen by the fantastically talented David Rolo seems to take certain features from all of the above pedals and combine them into one. Looks fantastic, but perhaps a bit redundant for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUQQPnXxdPU
    Now that eBay has finally become more hassle than it's worth, I've become much more reluctant to take a punt on anything. The emporia here are OK but not the same reach as eBay. 
  • dangriffithsdangriffiths Frets: 571
    I enjoyed it but didn't use as much as I thought so Beef snaffled it up. It is pricey but does a lot.