SOLD: Rift Amplification Blondie - 6G6-B Blonde Bassman 1x12" Combo, NOW READY

What's Hot
RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 1169
edited July 9 in Amps £
This amplifier was ordered as a custom build, but the customer has since changed his mind and ordered a different model. As it's such a cool idea and would make a great gigging amp, I've decided to keep it on the build schedule and offer it to someone else. Size-wise it'll be halfway between a PR and a DR, so quite compact and not overly cumbersome, it should weigh around the same as a DR. Mockup and pics below.

The specs:

  • Blonde Bassman 6G6-B circuit - 50w.
  • Solid welsh-pine cabinet with birch ply baffle and rear panels - 22" x 18.5" x 10"
  • Rough Blonde Tolex with Wheat grille cloth
  • WGS G12C/S 75w Ceramic speaker
  • 2 x 7025, 2 x ECC83, 2 x 6L6
  • Jupiter Vintage Yellow tone caps
  • Rift and Heyboer transformers
  • Switchcraft sockets
  • Eyelet board construction, handwired with yellow cloth wire

Price is £1600 inc VAT, padded soft cover, and Rift lifetime warranty.

Collection from Rift HQ in Brackley, Northamptonshire, Free UK shipping now available












Rift Amplification
Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
Brackley, Northamptonshire
www.riftamps.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

  • xpia98jfxpia98jf Frets: 306
    Am I right in thinking this would be ridiculously loud for home use?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 1169
    @pia98jf if you intend to crank it, then yes. But if you just need cleans, then why not?
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • photekphotek Frets: 926
    edited June 2017
    pia98jf said:
    Am I right in thinking this would be ridiculously loud for home use?
    It has 7 volume controls

    on a more serious note that is a brilliant idea for a grab and go amp.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 1169
    Bump
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 1169
    Bump
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 1169
    Up
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 1169
    bump
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 1169
    Now ready
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 313
    I'm wondering why collection only for this?  Very, very tempting....
    Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 1169
    Trude said:
    I'm wondering why collection only for this?  Very, very tempting....
      Yeah I know, sorry.

    The issue is that should a courier damage the amplifier I can't get hold of another chassis to build a replacement, which would write the amplifier off.
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • richhrichh Frets: 305
    Still, it gives you an excuse to go the the Guitar Show
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 313
    RiftAmps said:
    Trude said:
    I'm wondering why collection only for this?  Very, very tempting....
      Yeah I know, sorry.

    The issue is that should a courier damage the amplifier I can't get hold of another chassis to build a replacement, which would write the amplifier off.
    Fair enough, but I must admit to being a bit confused by that... Where did the chassis come from for it to be irreplaceable? And what kind of courier abuse would be required to bend an actual chassis out of shape?  
    Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 1169
    Trude said:
    RiftAmps said:
    Trude said:
    I'm wondering why collection only for this?  Very, very tempting....
      Yeah I know, sorry.

    The issue is that should a courier damage the amplifier I can't get hold of another chassis to build a replacement, which would write the amplifier off.
    Fair enough, but I must admit to being a bit confused by that... Where did the chassis come from for it to be irreplaceable? And what kind of courier abuse would be required to bend an actual chassis out of shape?  
    The chassis was the last of a manufacturing run done for a parts supplier in the States, they’ve now gone out of business and no one else stocks one in the correct dimensions.

    Shipping damage - a drop from even a small height onto a hard floor (say falling off a conveyor belt) is enough for the transformers to bend a chassis, no amount of bubble wrap and packing peanuts can stop that kind of damage.


    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 313
    RiftAmps said:

    The chassis was the last of a manufacturing run done for a parts supplier in the States, they’ve now gone out of business and no one else stocks one in the correct dimensions.

    Shipping damage - a drop from even a small height onto a hard floor (say falling off a conveyor belt) is enough for the transformers to bend a chassis, no amount of bubble wrap and packing peanuts can stop that kind of damage.


    Good to know, thanks!  Knowing my luck, I'd probably drop it down a venue staircase or something, so probably best I let this one go...
    Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • liftmanliftman Frets: 19
    You let it go and now it's fallen down the stairs!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • AlloAllo Frets: 63
    Haha
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 1169
    Forgot to update - free shipping now available within the UK (excludes NI, Highlands, and islands).
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • This looks great, I always fancied re-housing my ‘61 6G6 in a 112 combo cab. Cool
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 1169
    bump
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 3415
    Trude said:
    RiftAmps said:

    The chassis was the last of a manufacturing run done for a parts supplier in the States, they’ve now gone out of business and no one else stocks one in the correct dimensions.

    Shipping damage - a drop from even a small height onto a hard floor (say falling off a conveyor belt) is enough for the transformers to bend a chassis, no amount of bubble wrap and packing peanuts can stop that kind of damage.


    Good to know, thanks!  Knowing my luck, I'd probably drop it down a venue staircase or something, so probably best I let this one go...
    Nothing like a glass half - empty ???.........Honestly,if you think that negatively you will never have good luck ........you should say "knowing my luck ;I might win the Lottery in the next few months " Positive thoughts breed positive luck.
     So ends today's lesson Grasshopper.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 1169
    bump
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 289
    Any real life pictures of this?
    Guitarist/Drummer; Studio person, Composer, etc etc PM me for recording/tracking/mixing in the North West or via the 'net
    Website || Feedback Thread || PayPal
    Ibanez AS83 Guitar For Sale
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 1169
    Any real life pictures of this?
    fixed - looks like my host went down
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • MajorDudeMajorDude Frets: 9
    Are the chassis dimensions true to the 6G6 Blonde Bassman?

    I would be very interested in a 112 combo cab to house my '61 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 1169
    MajorDude said:
    Are the chassis dimensions true to the 6G6 Blonde Bassman?

    I would be very interested in a 112 combo cab to house my '61 
    Yes, dims are correct.

    I can supply a cab for you, no problem
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • MajorDudeMajorDude Frets: 9
    Great.Could you PM me the price and wait time please?

    Would it be possible to have it finished in rough browni tolex/wheat?

    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Sign In or Register to comment.