Help - Earthquaker Devices Erupter Fuzz now buzzing like crazy.

paulkpaulk Frets: 318
Like the title says! This setup has been working perfectly for me for months: Ibanez Roadcore into a Roland Blues Cube Stage. IN front of that a pedalboard consisting of a Polytune > Rat > Erupter > Catalinbread Bicycle Delay. Powered by a CIOKS Adam, and all pedals linked with HiCon patch cables. It's been through weekly rehearsals and gigging without a peep.

Yesterday I switched out 1 HiCon cable for another, linking the Rat to the Erupter and the fuzz suddenly started buzzing like hell. OK, I thought, naff cable. Switched it back to the original and it's STILL buzzing (yes, I checked). Tried every possible combination of connections/cables on the board, plus the cables to the gtr/amp/different guitar/ different plug sockets but it's still buzzing. The ONLY thing I haven't yet tried is powering it with a battery so that MAY solve the problem. BUT, if it doesn't I'm hosed as I have a gig tomorrow and this is driving me bonkers.

Help!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 887
    edited June 2017
    Maybe the power in the house

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    It wasn't that either. Set it up at last night's gig and it was just noisy as heck. Swapped it out of the chain for a Fuzzolo and I was good to go but still. Maybe it's just hosed.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72513
    Sounds like a broken ground connection in the fuzz.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein