Binson Echorec B1S

What's Hot
As this is an interesting little piece of history I didn't think you would mind me posting a link to the Binson Echorec B1S that we are selling for a customer.

This is a great historic item that I am sure most of you know defined the early sounds of Jimmy Page and Dave Gilmour among others!

https://www.soundsgreatmusic.com/products/binson-echorec-b1s-serial-number-5214-second-hand

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• danodano Frets: 1593
    Very tempted at that price :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I always wanted one of those but I had to settle for the Copicat back in my psychedelic days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited June 2017
    I don't think that will fit on my board...
    Funnily enough I got the Catalinbread Echorec the other day -- the only pedal I know of going for the Binson type delay -- and I don't know how authentic it is but still pretty cool.
  • Grunfeld said:
    Funnily enough I got the Catalinbread Echorec the other day
    That's a great pedal and one of the few that really nails the Binson sound! Neil.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14426
    +1 Definitely Gilmourish.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • glynesglynes Frets: 131
    There's a subforum elsewhere on this website for commercial entities to spam their warez. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    glynes said:
    There's a subforum elsewhere on this website for commercial entities to spam their warez. 
    Shame there isn't a sub-forum for trolls.
    You'd fit right in.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    glynes said:
    You'd fit right in.
    I can only imagine what it must be like to be inside your mind. It seems like there would be a lot of room.
    glynes said:
    Sassafras said:
    glynes said:
    You'd fit right in.
    I can only imagine what it must be like to be inside your mind. It seems like there would be a lot of room.
    Every comment you've made on here has either been negative or offensive. Is that not the definition of a troll?
    I assume you're a lonely adolescent facing a bleak and joyless future, not that that's an excuse for being a complete prick.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    glynes said:
    Sassafras said:
    glynes said:
    You'd fit right in.
    Every comment you've made on here has either been negative or offensive. Is that not the definition of a troll?
    I assume you're a lonely adolescent facing a bleak and joyless future, not that that's an excuse for being a complete prick.
    I'm humbled that you went through my posts but a second ad hominem attack won't distract me from the issue at hand. Are you suggesting that it's acceptable for merchants to advertise items offered for sale under the pretense of a "history" lesson in this subforum?

I'm well aware of the demographic that this website caters to, but I'm sure that even someone as inexperienced in effects as yourself must have seen a Binson Echorec before. Or are you one of the two individuals who genuinely learned something from what the OP managed to pull off in just a single sentence - an unsourced, unsubstantiated and subjective claim - and felt the need to mark it with the 'wisdom' function on the forum?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Cock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • @glynes. It's a fairly rare item - and there's a chance that someone hereabouts could be looking for one. So... to my mind, nothing wrong with the OP's post. However, I don't own the forum... then again, nor do you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12901
    glynes said:
    Sassafras said:
    glynes said:
    Sassafras said:
    glynes said:
    You'd fit right in.
    I'm humbled that you went through my posts but a second ad hominem attack won't distract me from the issue at hand. Are you suggesting that it's acceptable for merchants to advertise items offered for sale under the pretense of a "history" lesson in this subforum?

I'm well aware of the demographic that this website caters to, but I'm sure that even someone as inexperienced in effects as yourself must have seen a Binson Echorec before. Or are you one of the two individuals who genuinely learned something from what the OP managed to pull off in just a single sentence - an unsourced, unsubstantiated and subjective claim - and felt the need to mark it with the 'wisdom' function on the forum?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 1st world issues. Frankly with all the cap going on in the world. Let the man post his vintage stuff 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

I think something like this which may have a bit of interest beyond the fact it is for sale is fine in the main fx section.  It's not a common item and i'm sure many folks would just like a look,without feeling they have been spammed.   It's not as if you would casually buy it instead of the Flashback delay you were planning to buy.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    Grunfeld said:
    Funnily enough I got the Catalinbread Echorec the other day -- the only pedal I know of going for the Binson type delay -- and I don't know how authentic it is but still pretty cool.
    There is an engine for the  Source Audio Nemesis which does a really really good  Echorec.  Stars at 58s

glynes said:
    Sassafras said:
    glynes said:
    Sassafras said:
    glynes said:
    You'd fit right in.

The point is that @Sounds_Great_Music has made more worthwhile contributions to the forum than you ever could with your snide, sneering, negative, bitter and resentful comments that you try to pass off as witty sarcasm.
    You're the kind of person who sucks all the life out any situation.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2017
    Sassafras said:
    The point is that @Sounds_Great_Music has made more worthwhile contributions to the forum than you ever could with your snide, sneering, negative, bitter and resentful comments that you try to pass off as witty sarcasm.
    You're the kind of person who sucks all the life out any situation.
    Do you ever consider that people may have ulterior motives for being friendly to you? Have you considered that the OP might be being paid to have a social media presence like this? Or does that really not bother you because of how exotic a repainted and broken Echorec truly is? There are almost a dozen tidier examples currently listed on eBay.co.uk if you enjoy advertisements.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2017
    Obviously you'll never run the risk of people being friendly to you for whatever reason and you'll never be paid for your toxic presence on social media.
    I'm not the only one on here who's said something.

MODEDIT - @Sassafras be careful, and @glynes give it a rest too eh ?
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Grunfeld said:
    There is an engine for the  Source Audio Nemesis which does a really really good  Echorec.  Stars at 58s

That's interesting cos I can hear the multi-repeat timing thing going on.  It's very clean though.
    The only real Echorec I've heard hasn't been in the flesh and was demo'd was on That Pedal Show and it's a noisy bugger.
    I was (nicely) surprised how the Catalinbread emulates the degradation of the repeats very similar to the Binson on TPS -- but without the mechanical noise.
    I guess some of the magic for me is in the way the repeats change tonality as well as the actual timing.