SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Ritual slaughter

What's Hot
Of folk who post 'collection only' ads, yet fail to state their location.

Weapon or bare hands, buyer decides.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've just checked my ads! Not me, phew!

• Dammit, I was hoping I could purchase the confidence needed to assault One Direction...

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    It's going to be carnage then  X_X
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Dammit, I was hoping I could purchase the confidence needed to assault One Direction...

That's not a matter of confidence, but one of focus and determination.

To ritually slaughter one direction, you must be one direction. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Yes, it always annoys me to have to ask!
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    edited February 2014
    Simply doing the human race a favour by cleansing the gene pool IMO, simple Darwinian evolution at work.

Oh yes that, amongst other major idiocies and discourtesies in the classifieds really "boils my piss" (to quote Emp), "annoying" is just being far too polite.  Off with their heads: chop chop now !

God I need a holiday, or just a lay down in a darkened room, I seem to be turning into Mr Angry... 
    (now see what you've made me do)
    :-O

• @ChrisMusic Do not fear the crucible of truth, you will awake refreshed and brim full of conviction. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806

Weapon or bare hands, buyer decides.

Agree.
  • Not wanting to rain on the parade, but how does one find these miscreants to commit the vile deed?

The only flaw in an otherwise well-conceived scheme.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11940
    Hats off to ebay sellers near me but in the sticks or hills, who say "collection only", almost guaranteed a bargain!
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4040

Would like to add a side order of ritual slaughter of those who can't be arsed to remove the "FS" or add "SOLD" or some bleedin' obvious indicator that the item "for sale" has now gone, been sold, is no longer available.
  • Grunfeld said:

Would like to add a side order of ritual slaughter of those who can't be arsed to remove the "FS" or add "SOLD" or some bleedin' obvious indicator that the item "for sale" has now gone, been sold, is no longer available.
    Which, in turn, is not as bad as those who remove the title and content of their ad and replace them with "sold". Thank you, that's really helpful to everybody who's trying to check forum prices for stuff later on...well done.
    <space for hire>
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    edited February 2014
    Grunfeld said:  Would like to add a side order of ritual slaughter of those who can't be arsed to remove the "FS" or add "SOLD" or some bleedin' obvious indicator that the item "for sale" has now gone, been sold, is no longer available. 
    +1           ^^^ THIS ^^^

They can be bothered to spend the time posting an advert and trying to sell something as it suits them, and then common courtesy escapes them, and they walk away from the ad entirely and leave it orphaned and confusing for the rest of us mere mortals on here who are not gifted with telepathy.

Some like to toy with us and waste our time by having to click on and go through their thread just to discover at some point at or near the end, that the item we have got so excited about has gone, or in some instances "maybe gone", with some indeterminate termination.

Now we can waste even more time by asking "is this still available" and bringing it up to the top of page one, so that other forumites can waste their time too.  "Sorry mate sold it last week (on eBay etc etc) - (just couldn't be arsed to update my thread)"  and then they still leave it with a heading that says "FS / FT that exciting piece of gear you always wanted"  aarrgghhhhhh !!!!!!

Or almost worse still, just delete everything in the OP and remove those lovely pictures that had us tempted, and remove all the reference material that makes forums like this such a rich resource for everyone.  Totally agree with digitalscream on that (oh, and very well put too).

The big crime here I believe is that it shows immense disrespect for ALL the other classified advertisers on the forum.

Ideally you should be able to glance down the classified listings and immediately see what is for sale, or for trade, and what has already sold - it really is that easy.

As a bonus you should then be able to do a little research about what has sold, check the specs and any videos, see if it got lots of interest etc, etc.

As it operates now, you never know whether an item is really for sale / trade, even after just one day, but it is discourteous to anyone on here who doesn't bump their ad every day (yes some still do), and wait patiently for a response to their available treasures.
    You really can't trust any ad over a few days old and that is frustrating (does it show?) both as a user and for the decent and honest advertisers on here.

As to location, I thought that it was a requirement in the honest and open nature of this forum to have that as part of your profile when you signed up, at least by area or nearest city, and not the sort of infantile drivel which some think (mistakenly) is amusing, or again "can't be arsed" or have some other secrecy agenda (why?).

And don't get me started on "I want to sell something but I can't be arsed to write anything, so look at my eBay"
    If I wanted to look at f***ing eBay I would be on there, not on here...

I think I need an elephant tranquilliser now......    no, really, right now.....      [/rant]

edit: where on earth did this grey background box come from?

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27631

My current pet hate is those people who "join" the forum, their first (and perhaps only) post is to list something for sale, and their post is no more than a link to their eBay ad.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    TTony said:

My current pet hate is those people who "join" the forum, their first (and perhaps only) post is to list something for sale, and their post is no more than a link to their eBay ad.

so true. i did exactly that and I hate myself

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Grunfeld said:
    Which, in turn, is not as bad as those who remove the title and content of their ad and replace them with "sold". Thank you, that's really helpful to everybody who's trying to check forum prices for stuff later on...well done.

:-\"
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Dammit, I was hoping I could purchase the confidence needed to assault One Direction...

I recommend a hammer (the bigger the better), and axe, or (personnal favourite) a chainsaw.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom