Peach v Coda

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7417
If you were heading out to try a bunch of Lowdens, and whatever other nice acoustics were there, would you choose one of these stores over the other?

:-)

Thanks!
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Coda.... every time.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    I'd go to Peach just because I really would love to try the fanfret baritone they have in just now!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    Coda - superior service in every way.
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4775
    Why wouldn't you go to both and try as many guitars as you can before making your mind up? The best service in the world is nice if all other things are equal, but it doesn't matter a jot if the guitar that's right for you is at the other place. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 767
    Doesn't the guy from Peach use this forum, perhaps you can send him a pm.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7417
    Why wouldn't you go to both and try as many guitars as you can before making your mind up? The best service in the world is nice if all other things are equal, but it doesn't matter a jot if the guitar that's right for you is at the other place. 
    I understand that - very sensible.

Both are 2.5-3 hour drive away and I'll be taking a midweek day out to go - probably can't do both same day (hmm...) - it's more about where will my research* day be better spent. 

I've only heard good things about both but not been to either. 

I shall ponder, ta :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Peach new store has to be worth checking out. 
    The real value of Doug and the team at Coda is aftersales; when it goes wrong, or you've purchased the 'wrong' item...

They have been superb on every occasion.

Not always the case at Peach, if im being completely honest. Just sayin'... imho, ymmv etc etc

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I would use coda,as I've found after sales to be poor at peach.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26991
    edited June 2017
    I've always been happy with Peach, but Coda are really fantastic.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4775
    TimmyO said:
    I understand that - very sensible.

Both are 2.5-3 hour drive away and I'll be taking a midweek day out to go - probably can't do both same day (hmm...) - it's more about where will my research* day be better spent. 

I've only heard good things about both but not been to either. 

I shall ponder, ta :-) 
    OK, I understand a bit better. I've no recent experience of Coda (last time I went there they still had a place in Luton). I've never been a customer of Peach, but recently popped in to their new place en route home from visiting friends in Frinton. They're 2 mins drive away from the A12 exit at the football stadium. The downstairs performance space was still being fitted out. I was welcomed, given a tour and had a look around. Nice facility with lots of room, easy parking and plenty of expensive, desirable gear. I didn't pay too much attention to the acoustics because I wasn't actually looking for anything.

Have a great day wherever you go. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11894
    You need to be able to test guitars out in a quiet room, do they both have that? It was 4 years ago last time I went to Coda, and the acoustics were upstairs I think, and it wasn't really quiet enough

Make sure you also try the many brands in the Acoustic Music Co in Brighton, which I believe has more top-spec Pro acoustics (i.e. Lowden prices and above) than all the other shops in the country put together, and does have a silent room to test guitars in
    Coda now has a separate Acoustic store
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11894
    Coda now has a separate Acoustic store
    I thought I'd heard that, splendid. 
    shame they aren't carrying the smaller-workshop £3k -£6k, Brands too
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Coda, but mainly beacause it's a LOT closer.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    TimmyO said:
    If you were heading out to try a bunch of Lowdens, and whatever other nice acoustics were there, would you choose one of these stores over the other?

Thanks!
    Coda have the largest selection of Lowden guitars in the country, I believe.

But there may be some models that Peach have that Coda don't have, so you could visit both :)

The last time I was in Coda, I was there for most of the morning trying out Lowdens, Santa Cruz and Collins. They have a nice sofa upstairs and they'll bring you coffee. It was a great experience, plus I found the guitar I was after.

mellowsun said:
    TimmyO said:

Thanks!

But there may be some models that Peach have that Coda don't have, so you could visit both :)

The last time I was in Coda, I was there for most of the morning trying out Lowdens, Santa Cruz and Collins. They have a nice sofa upstairs and they'll bring you coffee. It was a great experience, plus I found the guitar I was after.

Yep, mine was an expensive cup of coffee too !!!

Spent ages playing them all, thinking I'd buy a Lowden. In the end I bought a gorgeous Collings Custom :)
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7417
    mellowsun said:
    TimmyO said:

Thanks!

Yes I'd been nosing on the site then realised yesterday they have about 50 (!) on the site - I emailed and asked those are all stock and they are :-)  Most of them are out of my price range mind - if I go Lowden it will be because one of the standard models floats my boat

mellowsun said:
    TimmyO said:

Thanks!

Ha - yes - after reading up on Lowdens and watching and listening to stuff I'm bound to get snagged by something completely different... 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO said:

Thanks!
    Well I like coda music, and I like Peach.
    But which is better ? Coda or Peach?
    Only one way to find out ?

Fight! 

Sorry. I mean, go to both !
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    You need to be able to test guitars out in a quiet room, do they both have that? It was 4 years ago last time I went to Coda, and the acoustics were upstairs I think, and it wasn't really quiet enough

Make sure you also try the many brands in the Acoustic Music Co in Brighton, which I believe has more top-spec Pro acoustics (i.e. Lowden prices and above) than all the other shops in the country put together, and does have a silent room to test guitars in
    Is that the one in St James St near Marine Parade?