Gig spam: tonight (13th Feb)

digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26637
edited February 2014 in Live
If any of you lot in Peterborough fancy a night out, m'band are playing our first official gig down at The Solstice:

Doors open at 8pm-ish. There's a Hendrix tribute band on too, if that helps...
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Have a good one.

Hopefully I'll get to see your band one of these days

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27620
    edited February 2014
    Hope it goes well.

Today Peterborough, tomorrow ...

Huntingdon?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Hope it's a great night DS!  

Looking forward to seeing you play some gigs in yorkshire :)
  • Cheers, guys. Really posted too late ;)

@John_P - we've got one in Wakefield at the Snooty Fox on 29th March...does that work?
    <space for hire>
    TTony said:
    Hope it goes well.

Today Peterborough, tomorrow ...

Huntingdon?
    You've never been to Huntingdon have you?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26637
    edited February 2014
    Well, that didn't exactly go to plan. The band were great - no real screw-ups - but I had a shocker. You probably all know that feeling where it seems you're playing ever-so-slightly past your speed limit, so everything gets a bit messy with choked notes, hitting the wrong string etc? Yeah, that.

Audience didn't seem to notice though, which was nice...well, apart from all the musicians in the crowd, for whom it was pretty obvious ;)

On the bright side, we weren't miked up so I had to run my amp a fair bit hotter than normal...it sounded amazing. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to get away with that at most gigs...
    <space for hire>
     but I had a shocker. You probably all know that feeling where it seems you're playing ever-so-slightly past your speed limit, so everything gets a bit messy with choked notes, hitting the wrong string etc? Yeah, that.

:-O I've only ever experienced this every time I play live............

• mike_l said:
    :-O I've only ever experienced this every time I play live............
    It actually got worse, because I then lost the ability to manage my effects - I forgot half the transitions and just had plain brain farts when it came to switching stuff on and off.

I'm putting it down to having a lot of stress over the last couple of weeks. I'm hoping that the next gig (King Billy in Northampton, I think) goes a lot better, otherwise I'm going to put some serious thought into hanging up the guitars...
    <space for hire>

I'd put it down to a one-off....

My brain does funny things, once I notice I've made a mistake, the rest goes to shit. I have noticed more than once, a simple wrong note, even when it doesn't stand out to the audience really screws me up.

Even something as simple as stamping on the dirty box at slightly the wrong moment does it.

I think "aw crap, really screwed that up", and then someone will come along and say "nice playing fella".