Getting the Marshall logo off?

So, I picked up a cheap 1x12 Marshall cab to modify into a 4x8 and will make a new front panel, but hope to reuse re-use the grille cloth, piping and the Marshall signature logo, but how does the logo fit? How do I remove it?

Cheers!
Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HoofHoof Frets: 491
    There should be little prongs on the back of the logo that locate into drilled holes in the front baffle. They may be lightly glued but they don't have barbs or anything that will snap off so get a flat screwdriver behind it and gently pry it off
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72323
    Hoof said:
    There should be little prongs on the back of the logo that locate into drilled holes in the front baffle. They may be lightly glued but they don't have barbs or anything that will snap off so get a flat screwdriver behind it and gently pry it off
    Not a flat screwdriver - too narrow and you may well snap the logo. Use a wide, thin flat bladed knife. Work it slowly along the whole length and lever it out a little at a time so you don't bend it too sharply in one place.

The prongs shouldn't be glued in unless someone else has - they're just a force fit into the holes. If it's really stuck, use a 3mm diameter screwdriver or similar and a small hammer and punch them out from the back, but go only a little way on each one at a time.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Cheers folks, off to break it!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    All sorted, the logo was mich more flexible than I thought it would be...cheers folks!