Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Summer Selection

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14234
in Guitar tFB Trader
I dare say guitars will not arrive until closer to autumn but out of a selection of Strats and Teles that are available to wet my appetite I'm probably going to order the following for stock - prices to be finalised

2017 LTD ’56 Roasted Strat Journeyman Relic - around £3400

How hot do you think the Limited Edition Relic ’56 Fat Roasted Strat is going to sound? It’s ton is on fire, thanks to roasted maple nack and roasted alder body with Journeyment Relic lacquer finish, matched to hand-wound Fat 60s Strat pickups with Fat 50s wiring as the special sauce. The wiring offers bold tone with transparent bloom while reducin treble loss with adjusting the instrument’s volume. It also smooths the control tapers, avoiding the typical hotspots when adjusting your volume or tone.

Other features include a AA birdseye maple neck with “10/56 ‘V’” shaped profile, 9.5” raduis fingerboard, 21 6100 jumbo frets, gold 8-hole pickguard and American Vintage six-point synchronized tremolo. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.

2017 LTD 50’s Tele Thinline Relic - around £3400

The Telecaster is a legend for a reason. It’s definitive sound has cut across every musical genre. The twang and the fel made the Tele a musical machine that’s been cemented in history by some fo the world’s biggest artists. The lightweight Thinline body and Relic ‘floral finishes’ harken back to a time when the Tele became the favoured guitar of stage heroes, while giving it an attitude all its own.

This guitar also features a stable quartersawn maple neck with ’57-style “Soft V” shaped profile, 9.5” radius fingerboard, modern Tele wiring with Greasebucket tone circuit, vintage correct Tele bridge with brass saddles, handwound Custom Shop Original Blackguard bridge pickup and Texas Special neck pickups, parchment pickguard and vintage style tuners with the classic Fender logo. Familiar enough to latch on to and cool enough to fall in love with, this Telecaster includes a deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.

2017 LTD Twisted Tele Journeyman Relic - around £3150/3200

Everything you want in a Tele and more, the Limited Edition Journeyman Relic Twisted Tele is one handsome tone machine. The secret to this guitar’s tone is right there in the name; the hand-wound Twisted Tele pickups set the foundation by cranking out hot, high-output Telecaster guitar tone, while Greasebucket tone control allows you to roll off the highs without losing volume. The Bigsby B-5 bridge and tailpiece add a way-cool retro vibe while the Journeyman Relic finish gives it the look and feel of a guitar that’s seen service on many a stage.

Other features include a select two-piece, off-center ash body with lacquer finish, a lacquer-finished rift-swan maple neck with 10/56 “V” shaped profile, 9.5” radius fingerboard, jumbo frets and one-ply parchment pickguard. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    That Paisley thinline makes me hard.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    I like the look of the Twisted Tele in blue.

The paisley/floral Thinlines are interesting and the relicing looks remarkably accurate for a change
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    That Strat is perfect (well maybe another fret but I'd live with it)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    That bottom one looks lovely but not sure about the Bigsby.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14234
    tFB Trader
    Jack_ said:
    That Paisley thinline makes me hard.
    I could not decide which to buy for stock so thought have both and let the customers decideimpmann said:
    I like the look of the Twisted Tele in blue.

The paisley/floral Thinlines are interesting and the relicing looks remarkably accurate for a change
    I preferred the blue but thought the blonde would be more acceptable - but on such a guitar that blue looks cool and retro - So again I decided to buy both - They also offered it in 2 tone sunburst but I passed on that optionJohn_A said:
    That Strat is perfect (well maybe another fret but I'd live with it)
    bit of a Gilmour vibe on that Strat - hence me picking that one - The scratchplate won't appeal to all but on that type of colour it is generally more acceptable - also available in black but I only ordered aged desert sand
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 783
    Strat looks like it's been salvaged from a burning house, £3.5k lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    I love, love, love the look of the paisley thinline but the prices!  THE PRICES!  :'(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12900
    If you could just wrap up all of those teles for me that would be lovely. I'll send the Butler round in the morning to collect them. 

Phhhhhwwwwwwoaaaaar. 
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    Love that Strat! Really cool.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    Fifties-style necks and decals on CBS-era Tele bodies? 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22795
    edited June 2017

Although I like Thinlines and I like Paisley Teles, I think the white scratchplates spoil the look a bit.  I'm not sure what they should've done instead, obviously there's too much routing to cover with the normal part-painted clear scratchplates.

Edit:  Thinking about it, I guess the scratchplates should be white pearl, although it might clash with the paisley in an alarming fashion.

All very nice though.

• streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    Blue flower might be my favourite. 

Fender smashing it to be fair.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9613
    I guess when you run out of authentic replicas to reissue you have to get creative. Mashup marketing - Fender have been doing it for years.

I don't mind it tbh, a pick and mix of features from over the decades.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    The pink paisley thinline looks great 
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited June 2017
    Arktik83 said:
    I love, love, love the look of the paisley thinline but the prices!  THE PRICES!  
    High prices? That's what we all keep saying about GIBSON Custom Shop.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Well there you go. Not normally a fan of relicing, but those thinline look awesome. Don't think I've seen a paisley thinline before.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    Mark, they look great...

That Pink Paisley has got 'Waz 50th Guitar Present' written all over it...
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I'm gonna have to leave this place.

It hurts my bank balance so much.

I want that paisley Tele.
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    I'd take any of them

The Paisley and Blue Flower are particularly cool
    Stop crying, start buying
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2377
    I guess when you run out of authentic replicas to reissue you have to get creative. Mashup marketing - Fender have been doing it for years.

Creative isn't  something the Fender Custom Shop have been since Mike Eldred left. I swear these permutations are just spewed out by a computer. Next :)