Photobucket blocked 3rd party hosting

What's Hot
StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
in Guitar tFB Trader
It would appear our photobucket account will no longer allow 3rd party hosting for the pics on our thread, who do you chaps recommend we switch to? O the most commonly used hosting service on here?

Cheers,
Rich
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RoxRox Frets: 2147
    I just have my own webspace and upload to it.  No ads, no popups, no hassle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2473
    Imgur
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1380
    Imgur
    Yep. Not perfect but pretty hassle free in terms of hosting stuff for forum use.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5431
    Photobucket was/is a rotting pile of garbage anyway. Good riddance. +1 for imgur for speed and relative ease-of-use, it does what it needs to do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • smigeonsmigeon Frets: 283
    Dropbox worked for me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    Whitecat said:
    Photobucket was/is a rotting pile of garbage anyway. Good riddance. +1 for imgur for speed and relative ease-of-use, it does what it needs to do.
    Yes it seemed to be getting a lot worse with all the spam and popups, i'll let that account die.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Yeah - takes so long to load and find your pictures. It barely works at all on our work network
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    What's totally mad is over the last week, photobucket have been working flawlessly, with no spam and immediate showing of pics! Nit sure what's going on there! 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1509
    People need to stop using Photobucket to upload photos here. It needs to die, it's utter shite.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16725
    Nail in the coffin. 

I guess  the choice was to fund the site by ads,  or subscription.  The ads clearly were not working, so forced subsciption

i may need to pay for a month just to get the last 10 years worth of pics
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    WezV said:
    Nail in the coffin. 

I guess  the choice was to fund the site by ads,  or subscription.  The ads clearly were not working, so forced subsciption

i may need to pay for a month just to get the last 10 years worth of pics
    You can still get to your account and download your pics back, or at least i can. 
    I just cant use the direct links to host them on here anymore.
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Imgur is good, but I find flickr's option to choose what size in pixels you want your picture to be incredibly handy for sizing photos I post on here accordingly.

Imgur lets you resize the picture, but flickr allows you to post the picture at a bunch of different sizes without having to edit the original picture. When you click share, it offers you lots of different sizes with the same aspect ratio.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72420
    WezV said:

The ads are actively driving people away from it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9569
    Ive just notced a problem with mine... end of PB then...
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    I have several thousand photos that I need to move elsewhere, but I've been struggling to find a simple, reliable host.
    Flickr has never worked for me. It's always been slower and more unstable than Photobucket. Christ, just moving from one picture to another takes forever!
    Just tried Village Photos, but that wouldn't work as advertised. It stuck my sequenced pictures in a random order and, despite supposedly having the option of re-ordering the pictures, it just won't save the changes.
    All I want is somewhere to host my pics, that allows me to select which order the pictures appear, has folders and sub-folders and doesn't slow to a crawl because of stupid, buggy, browser-killing adverts.
    Is that too much to ask?
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • matonematone Frets: 211
    Why can`t we just have a system where you simply attach your pics directly ?
    Other forums can do it .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    matone said:
    Why can`t we just have a system where you simply attach your pics directly ?
    Other forums can do it .
    Server load presumably, this forum is free and without adverts, so attempts are made to keep the load down to keep the running costs low.

Personally, I think embedding hosted pics is easier anyway, so I'm happy with it the way it is if it keeps adverts away.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27113
    You can download all your Photobucket images in a single zip file. Highly recommended if you don't want to lose them as the writing's obviously on the wall. 

Imgur is just fine. It can be bit finicky but no worse than anything else and super simple in general. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72420
    Sounds like they're becoming the MySpace of photo hosting...

My who?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Just a quick reminder that this thread is still available and has lots of links to other discussions.  I will update and add this thread to it shortly.  It sounds like PB has signed it's own death warrant !

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/14957/posting-pictures-a-little-help#latest

there is this site which may help in "transferring hosts" (that sounds like a scene from Alien !)

cloudsfer  ~ Cloud to Cloud migration service