What's the dealio with this?

What's Hot
Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FENDER-2009-CUSTOM-DELUXE-TELECASTER-FENDER-CUSTOM-SHOP-CANDY-TANGERINE-/201971838120?hash=item2f0675aca8:g:kyUAAOSwgv5ZV4FH&autorefresh=true

Saw it's being sold by a buy and sell retail shop - seems cheap? Although I'm slightly confused as to whether it is a Custom Shop Fender, or more of a Custom Shop influenced but not fully fledged model? No certificate?

Great colour, that's for certain.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    Looks like a dodgy second hand dealer with something they don't know that much about.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• XsmnmyXsmnmy Frets: 124
    edited July 2017
    if the MPN they are giving is right, it is a CS model from 2009 http://www.vitamine.ch/fenderCustomShop.pdf p4
    Custom Deluxe Telecaster®
    - 1 pc Flame “A” Maple or Indian Rosewood Cap, 3 ply Mint Green Pick Guard, 3-Way Switch, Smaller 1952
    Telecaster®“U” Neck Profile, 9.5” Neck Radius, 22 6105 Frets, Bone Nut, Schaller Locking Tuners, Twisted Tele®
    Neck Pickup, Hot Nocaster ® Bridge Pickup, Custom Chrome Plated Bridge Plate with Plated Solid Brass Saddles, Thin Nitro Lacquer Body Finish, Vintage Tinted Lacquer Neck Finish, Modern Decal, “R” Serial Number Neck Plate
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14234
    tFB Trader
    looks all kosher to me and a good price as well - candy tangerine - goods marks @smnmy for finding that in the spec sheet etc
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited July 2017
    Well it went very quickly, so clearly someone thought it was a good deal.

It would've come with a COA that isn't present though from the factory?

Tangerine is a great colour, but personally I can't get behind Telecasters with modern appointments like 6 saddle bridges and locking tuners.
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 628
    And of course it's back, now asking £1899.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Custom-Shop-2009-Custom-Deluxe-Telecaster-Candy-Tangerine-/272753831257?hash=item3f81652d59:g:K7QAAOSwqztZYKn4

One of the nicest guitars the new seller has ever owned, apparently. Eff right off. No doubt it's a real wrench to part with it so soon…

Am I the only one driven nuts by this stuff? It's not so much the shameless flipping as the BS.

I'd have no problem with a listing that read: 'I got this for a good price and I've never played it and I'm hoping to turn a profit.'
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited July 2017
    ICBM said:
    Looks like a dodgy second hand dealer with something they don't know that much about.
    Edited..........Hadn't read the OP properly.
    My mistake.
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3325
    It's on a few Facebook selling pages too. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33796
    edited July 2017
    It's on a few Facebook selling pages too. 
    I've just asked the current owner how long he has owned it on one of those pages.
    Will be interesting to see if he tells the truth (or a version of it) or outright lies.

Edit: responded with ' Im not the original owner ... - picked it up quite recently'.
    LOL. No shit. :)
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited July 2017
    Ya, I saw it on the facebook group where he said it's one of the nicest guitars he's ever owned, and felt like commenting "then why are you selling it after a week?".

I don't think he'll sell it at that price though, not without a COA - and collection only.