Mesa boogie 50 caliber parts info

What's Hot
hasslehamhassleham Frets: 607
edited July 2017 in Amps
Hi all,

I've picked up this Mesa which needs a little tlc. It has a metal plate to protect the valves, which the manual refers to as "a special tube clamping plate". The problem is that this plate is falling off due to the plastic brackets being worn out. I can't find any replacement for these as I'm not really sure if they have a specific name. I was wondering if anyone knows what they are called or where I can find replacements?

There are two at the back which act as hinges to open the plate up and change tubes, and two at the front which hold the thing securely in place.

This pic is one that I managed to snap from the front. Looks like I will have to take the amp out of the chassis in order to replace them properly..

Secondly, does anyone know if this amp operates with a standard latching footswitch? I'm unable to change channels at the moment and need to know what type of footswitch it works with.

Thanks in advance!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72512
    Try contacting Westside Distribution about the valve retainer clips - they're the Mesa agent. I'm sure they are available elsewhere in the UK, but I have no idea where to start looking, I've never needed to replace any.

The footswitch is a standard latching type. The stock one has an LED but it's not necessary for it to work.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 607
    @ICBM ;
    Thank you!
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 607
    Photos added.

I rang Westside Distribution and was given an email address so I'm waiting on a reply.