NAD: Champy Niceness

What's Hot
timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
Picked up this little bastard earlier. I know its not from Fenders glory days but its still a good sounding, portable amp.

1x 6L6 & 2x 12AX7, split channel, reverb and this ones had a V30 fitted. Not bad.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7775
    Cool, 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    But you're plugged in to that Marshall thing at the bottom!!??
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9571
    Nice looking amp that mate, congrats
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 908
    I've just started gigging one of those! Not in red and with the dreaded red knobs, but it sounds pretty good! I've added a 5751 which has really calmed down the clean channel, shame the same can't be said for the overdrive, it's a bit all or nothing. I've been gigging it with the OD volume on full and then using the gain control as a volume, works quite well!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30294
    Don't know why they come in for so much stick. Once you put a decent speaker in them they're great.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72442
    Sassafras said:
    Don't know why they come in for so much stick. Once you put a decent speaker in them they're great.
    They (usually) have red knobs, and thus are evil. The distortion channel is also horrible as LooseMoose says...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30294
    ICBM said:
    Sassafras said:
    They (usually) have red knobs, and thus are evil. The distortion channel is also horrible as LooseMoose says...
    IME that can be said of many amps. I only ever use clean channels and pedals for a wee bit of drive.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    The overdrive channel is pure dogshit, it's proper nasty, love it! 

Any recommendations on speakers? I want to lose the v30 on this for something a little less shouty.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    The overdrive channel is pure dogshit, it's proper nasty, love it! 

Any recommendations on speakers? I want to lose the v30 on this for something a little less shouty.