Octave Up Fuzz

What's Hot
GulliverGulliver Frets: 848
Right, payday approaching brings me a miniscule bit of extra cash, which I plan to save piss away on a new pedal.

I really love that hendrix-y/KWS octave up fuzz thing.   Here's my problem.  I know shit all about fuzz pedals.

Somebody help me out and give me a crash-course in fuzz!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Depends on budget if it's new and lower end the EHX octavix

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• MrMusicMrMusic Frets: 44
    £100 = Roger Mayer Octavia, worked for Jimi!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 848
    Depends on budget if it's new and lower end the EHX octavix
    Budget isn't an issue - I quite like the look of the Bigfoot Engineering Octo Puss Prime XL, which is £200 and i'm not opposed to that.

MrMusic said:
    but wasn't that also running into/after a fuzz face?  Not sure I've got pedalboard space for the Octavia (which is massive) and a fuzz face (which is also massive)

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    I've got a Fulltone Octafuzz, dip switchable octave and compact.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Get a used Danelectro French Toast. Probably cost abot 20 quid and you can invest the rest in high-living :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    Tone City Fuxx Fuzz/Movall Octopuzz (same pedal). £40 mini pedal, sounds fantastic.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    Gulliver said:

MrMusic said:
    but wasn't that also running into/after a fuzz face?  Not sure I've got pedalboard space for the Octavia (which is massive) and a fuzz face (which is also massive)

I think it's an octave up+fuzz in one box, which is why you can switch off the octave on the fulltone version. People stack them into FFs sometimes but they're pretty fuzzy on their own. 
  • MrMusicMrMusic Frets: 44
    Gulliver said:
    Depends on budget if it's new and lower end the EHX octavix
    Budget isn't an issue - I quite like the look of the Bigfoot Engineering Octo Puss Prime XL, which is £200 and i'm not opposed to that.

MrMusic said:

Roger Mayer also do smaller box versions, so you dont have to get the massive spaceship version, although i have one and love it! Sounds amazing and signed by Mr RM himself.

I went through a similar Jimi tone quest a few years back and found if you wanna get a good Jimi tone/feel Roger Mayer were the closest.

Alternatives i've heard that are pretty good:
    - Fulltone Octafuzz
    - Dunlop Octavia
    - EQD - Tentacle