NPD Dodgy Battery Clip / Ibanez ES2 Echo Shifter

What's Hot
robertyroberty Frets: 10893
Hey this turned up from Amazon today (got it for a silly price thanks to a forum PSA) but the battery clip has not been welded on properly.

It seems a bit petty to send it back for a replacement, but would you guys do it?  Need advice/encouragment

Is there an easy way to attach it?

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72328
    It's going to be very difficult to fix that securely without re-welding it, which will burn the paint.

If you're going to use it with a battery I would send it back. It's your legal right and the company should get the feedback.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Personally I would just stick it back on with double sided tape. Mega strong stuff like this and it will be stuck forever.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01CIQILCC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    They have an unfortunate reputation for being shoddily made.
    You could get those little adhesive pads for sticking rear view mirrors to car windscreens from your local garage. They're fairly permanent.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    edited July 2017
    I'm fairly sure that was the same PSA that had responses saying they have a reputation for shoddy build. I'd send it back, probably even if you don't intend to use the battery as it doesn't bode well and will be a problem if you ever want to sell it on. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Araldite. Nuff said.

No I wouldn't return it, as it was cheap and its not insummountable.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Thanks all, I'm gonna send it back 'cos if they're leaving the factory like this it's better that they know.  Only a box shifter like Amazon would have offered this unit to a customer anyway, right?
    That slider feels *very* delicate by the way, and it the unit does feel cheap overall.  I guess it doesn't help that mine was rattling like crazy.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    edited July 2017
    I think @Bucket had a problem with the slider control and they replaced the pedal.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Sassafras said:
    I think @Bucket had a problem with the slider control and they replaced the pedal.
    The problem was that it just stopped turning on one day.

I had bought it from Coda about two weeks before, took it back and they replaced it.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Shame about build quality thought they looked pretty cool as well

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    I've got one of these and it still works great, although I've only had it 6 months. Unrelated to the welding issue - it's your right to return it - there's not much point powering an analogue delay by battery. It'll last a matter of hours at most.
    @Bucket how's the replacement doing?  Just seen your thread from 2014
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited July 2017
    roberty said:
    @Bucket how's the replacement doing?  Just seen your thread from 2014
    I don't use it very much at all now, but for at least a year or two, I was using it on a regular basis and it never failed me.

It's an excellent pedal. I would recommend it wholeheartedly on sound and functionality, with a note of caution given my experience with reliability. I'm hoping it was just a glitch - it's a complicated circuit, and a mid-market mass produced pedal, so I'm sure the occasional duff one slips through. I'm happy to accept that mine may just have been a lemon.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @Bucket cheers mate appreciated