Spare nuts and washers for switchcraft jacks?

Title says it! Pal of mine starting up as a gtr tech /repair and needs to buy in bulk in UK 
thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Not trying to be funny, but why does he need the nuts and not the jacks? When you buy the jacks you get a nut and (plain) washer - shakeproof washers do need to be bought separately usually.

Very quickly you build up a collection of spare nuts and washers, since when you replace an old Switchcraft jack on a vintage guitar it's usually visually better to re-use the old ones, not the shiny new ones.

If he really does need to buy them, Allparts sell them - although they're not cheap and not the highest quality, they're stamped rather than the milled ones you get with a Switchcraft jack.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• XsmnmyXsmnmy Frets: 124
    He doesn't need hundreds but it's handy to have more than a handful - I was thinking of a more general supplier - a plain washer for example costs 0.25p in the real world, but if you order a guitar jack socket washer from Allparts it's probably £2 + £3 postage or something. I have found some suppliers of 3/8 32 flat nuts in the meantime, thanks.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    smnmy said:
    He doesn't need hundreds but it's handy to have more than a handful - I was thinking of a more general supplier - a plain washer for example costs 0.25p in the real world, but if you order a guitar jack socket washer from Allparts it's probably £2 + £3 postage or something. I have found some suppliers of 3/8 32 flat nuts in the meantime, thanks.
    Sure, but if you buy a bulk pack of something like 25 or 100 jacks then the nuts and washers are free :). You'll run out of jacks before nuts, trust me ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    Probably not the volume or pricing he's looking for, but I sell packs of 8 nuts, washers and locking washers.
    http://www.axecaster.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=9_26

• streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    ICBM said:
    smnmy said:
    Sure, but if you buy a bulk pack of something like 25 or 100 jacks then the nuts and washers are free :). You'll run out of jacks before nuts, trust me ;).
    I have loads spare. Can't imagine a situation where I'd need to buy them.