Hello...ello...llo...lo...o

What's Hot
57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
edited July 2017 in FX
Was  explaining how loopers work to one of my young students who seemed obsessed with only the ones that had excessive loop times.

I told him you just grab a few secs or a bar and loop it - not entire performances! Anyway to demonstrate the experimental ways you can use a looper I plugged in his electro acoustic to an analogue echo pedal and did some taps with the pick on the body with extended delay repeats and than got him to sing into the sound hole.... only for him to hear his voice coming back at him through the delay pedal! Now if you take that and loop it and another vocal phrase and loop that you can build up a full vocal performance using just the guitar!! Mad...
<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Being concerned with the loopers loop time isn't necessarily such a bad thing. Yes you may generally loop 30 seconds to a minute but it's once you start overdubbing that they add up and that eats into the overall available loop time. 
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Being concerned with the loopers loop time isn't necessarily such a bad thing. Yes you may generally loop 30 seconds to a minute but it's once you start overdubbing that they add up and that eats into the overall available loop time. 
    Pretty sure most loopers now only have a max time for the loop, overdubs don't add any time. Mine is 10 minutes with, in theory, unlimited over dubs

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    helix one is too short
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    edited July 2017
    I think that would only be true if you had infinite layers of 'undo' available (and therefore each layer would have to be stored separately) and I don't know of any loopers with that facility. Usually there's just one layer of undo - whether that's accounted for in the stated 'loop times' (effectively halving it) I'm not sure. The only looper I've ever come across a practical limit on in use is my old Line 6 DL4 (14s, 28s at half speed)
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    I might be wrong but pretty sure all the Boss loopers work on that basis! Thats the reason I switched over to TC Ditto X2
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited July 2017
    My Digitech Delay has a 5sec of loop setting, but countless overdubs...

But the post was more about recording your voice through the Acoustic guitar's Piezo PUP that amazed me...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>