Boss GT-8

What's Hot
darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
Hi All,

Having bought my old Boss GT-8 processor back to life, I've been tinkering with it a lot.  While a lot of the presets need a tweak, particularly the more far out settings make for some great sounds.

Does anyone here use one or formerly use one, and can give me any tips to how to get the best out of it?

Thanks all.
You are the dreamer, and the dream...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    Lick Library has a 2 DVD set that shows you most of what you need to know to get the best out of a GT-8 and on YT, have a look at some videos by a guy called Scott Barnett, particularly one regarding drive tones, their very helpful.   
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
     check this pdf document right here which has everything you wanted to know about the GT-8.  Much of the info works for processors in general.  

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
     check this pdf document right here which has everything you wanted to know about the GT-8.  Much of the info works for processors in general.  

That's brilliant thanks!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14427
    a lot of the presets need a tweak
    Begin in the System/Global settings section. This should allow you to optimise the unit's output signals for whatever you propose to connect it to - be that headphones, mixing console channel, amplifier send/return loop or the input socket of a bedroom practice amp.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom