Sticking velcro on the back on Boss pedals.. tips?

What's Hot
Anyone noticed how hard it is to get your velcro to properly stick to the bottoms of Boss pedals? The big rubbery surround certainly doesn't help, anyone got any good tips?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    What velcro are you using?

Is it sticky backed or are you glueing the velcro to the pedal?

Your best best would be to try and put something like duct tape between the velcro and rubber.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Take the base plate off. Turn it inside out. Stick the velcro on the metal bit that used to be inside.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Screws.

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• What Drew said
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    GIMME WIZDUM BIATCH!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I always peel off the rubber base, stick it to some greaseproof paper and put it in the box in case I ever decide to sell the pedal. Then I put velcro on the bare metal base.
    Works for me.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    wolf5150 said:
    I always peel off the rubber base, stick it to some greaseproof paper and put it in the box in case I ever decide to sell the pedal. Then I put velcro on the bare metal base.
    Works for me.
    I have a friend who does that and it drives me nuts - the rubber never goes back on cleanly and always looks bodged. He then usually wants me to sell his knackered pedals for him…

Do what Drew said if you must velcro them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    wolf5150 said:
    I always peel off the rubber base, stick it to some greaseproof paper and put it in the box in case I ever decide to sell the pedal. Then I put velcro on the bare metal base.
    Works for me.

+1.

Works for me every time. Use a heatgun/hairdyer to warm the rubber and it comes off no probs.

Never had a problem resticking them either.

• Tried the duct tape method, worked absolutely fine, cheers!
  • You can buy plain metal back plates from Boss. I bought 5 for all my Boss pedals and now I don't have any sticking Boss pedals to my Pedaltrain Jnr.

If you use a wooden board buy pedal fixings from Johnny Shredfreak and screw them down.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/