SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 50s/60s style luthier built squashed C thin Stratocaster neck

What's Hot
lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
FS: 50s/60s style luthier built Stratocaster neck.
Radius: 7.25
Rosewood
Nitro Finish
Squashed C profile.
21 frets.
Thickness: 21cm at 2nd fret. 21.2 cm at 12th fret.
Vintage style tuners.

This neck comes off the first high grade guitar I bought. The wood comes from a famous luthier in Verona called Fontanot. My friend ordered 6 necks based on the early stratocaster stock. The tuners, string tree, nitro finish and relicing were all done by my friend, a Hendrix enthusiast like no other with an extraordinary collection of marshall plexis and hendrix vintage pedals. When we met, 2 of his guitars were long gone. I bought this one and through it and him entered the world of top quality gear, vintage gear and Hendrix. When I had the chance to buy another of his guitars, I took it without hesitation and immediately understood that my playing style is more comfortable with a thick neck. I kept this neck (and guitar) in my lounge ever since I bought it in case I needed to study but over the last 5 years that has been very very little what with 2 children now. I say this to underline the point that it has rarely been played and always kept on display never leaving the house. The other guitar kept up my playing duties when I could find a rare hour or two in the week.
This is an extraordinary neck coming from an incredible guitar. I am convinced that the full tone and increased volume comes from the wood in the neck (and body). I have been lucky enough to play vintage strats from the early 60s and only one came close. If you love the look of the early strats with the playability of a thin but very solid neck, a squashed C, then this is the neck for you.
The neck is located in Bologna, Italy and I can arrange shipping to the UK. I will find a super protective packaging solution (any suggestions will be appreciated).
The price is 450 euros ppg with tracked shipping included (insurance, next day delivery etc will have to be paid for by the buyer). No trades on this one, I'm afraid. All cash is going towards buying the neck off the 2nd but last of my friend's guitars.
I can answer any questions about the neck by simply phoning its maker, so please go ahead.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments