Zoom G3N

John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
Just got one as a Helix backup, and surprised by how good it actually is.  The reduced flexibility is actually a blessing, it's a piece of cake to set-up.  I can see me going to rehearsals with one gig-bag :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
    ive gigged using mine as my only pedals now for over a year, really love it, only now is it being replaced live by the onboard effects on my katana, but the g3 is great for practising,onboard looper and headphones out
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    If it's anything like their bass equivalent, the B3, I'm not surprised (I own one). They're great for the money and useful, too.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited July 2017
    Been playing with it some more this evening.  While it is obviously less powerful and flexible than the Helix, it's really well thought out, I could Gig with it no problem at all.  Most importantly it sounds really really good
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    I've got the G5N and I agree that it sounds really good. I often use it for practising in the evening when the kids are in bed straight through the headphones with the looper and drums. Quick and easy to set up when you've got little spare time!
    Link to my trading feedback
  • Is the G3N still a worthwhile purchase? Looking to have something to play around with headphones whilst wee one sleeps that can also be used to record direct to my Mac if I need to. I have plugins / Logic Pro but really want to put the computer away, as I use one all day, when just noodling on the guitar.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    Do you think the core amp and cab sounds can get close to the Helix? I'm still trying to decide which affordable modeller to go for!
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited August 2018
    TTBZ said:
    Do you think the core amp and cab sounds can get close to the Helix? I'm still trying to decide which affordable modeller to go for!
    They do sound  good, if you record them and play them back the would both be great, but for me the big difference was how they 'felt'.  I know it's very subjective and a bit wishy-washy, but the zoom didn't feel great to play at rehearsal, didn't give it a lot of chance though and it certainly was passable, but not in the same league as the Helix

For the money though, they are really good
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    The Zoom Multieffects are excellent for the money, especially second hand. I played a tiny place last month and I was even struggling with an amp and a small board. I used my G3 on top of the PA with a very long midi cable and a Tech21 midi moose for patch switching.

It worked really well and, even better, sounded great through the PA. Bear in mind I'm not a volume control freak; everything comes through patches, so as long as I could remember what patch did what, I could just play and forget about tap dancing. I'm definitely going to use it again for small venues.
  • I use the B3N for my YBTB rig, straight into PA. Amazing little box of tricks!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Dave Simpson on YouTube uses a Zoom G2 and rates it highly, have a wee butchers at this:

Tomorrow will be a good day.