Ebay Tossers

What's Hot

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I'm actually very impressed that a 3 year old can use a wah with his tiny feet.
    I couldn't use one till I was 4.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited July 2017
    Maybe it's Kirk Hammett's kid? Wah was probably his first word, so by 3 he probably could buy wah on eBay.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    If I ever get a buyer trying to back out, I agree to it straight away. True wisdom is that you want LESS interaction with twats in your life. So let them walk away. If I get a buyer being very slow to pay, I send a polite message offering to cancel the deal if they have changed their mind, no problem.  Let them walk away.

Telling them they are a twat makes you look silly. Do you think they are going to take any notice of an unknown internet person? Do you think you are that influential?

Sadly its not Ebay's fault that we have twats living amongst us. Similar twats can be found on Gumtree and elsewhere. Maybe even on here? ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 291
    BRISTOL86 said:
    It's a cesspit these days. Guy 'bought' my Taylor for asking price then messages AFTER buying to 'sort out a cash deal'. 

Luckily I'd already agreed a sale to the very nice @CarpeDiem here so was more than happy to cancel the transaction and deal with a sensible person instead :)
    @BRISTOL86 Thanks for your kind words. I'm happy buying from a genuine and honest Fretboarder. Thanks for the coffee and hospitality too! I wouldn't buy off eBay.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    CarpeDiem said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    It's a cesspit these days. Guy 'bought' my Taylor for asking price then messages AFTER buying to 'sort out a cash deal'. 

Luckily I'd already agreed a sale to the very nice @CarpeDiem here so was more than happy to cancel the transaction and deal with a sensible person instead :)
    @BRISTOL86 Thanks for your kind words. I'm happy buying from a genuine and honest Fretboarder. Thanks for the coffee and hospitality too! I wouldn't buy off eBay.
    Anytime! Hope you enjoy, it's certainly more suited to someone of your abilities than mine :)
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    ICBM said:
    Ebay. Why bother?
    I don't think I will use it anymore. I sold a couple of guitars on there recently though it was all fine.
    It's all the other people with silly offers and questions that drives me mad. Or offering me bizzare trades. 
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    The people offering terrible trades are the worst - as a recent exmaple I had a guitar up for £3500 or best offer - got numerous offers to trade for multiple less nice guitars to make up the value. Why on earth would anone want to trade a really nice guitar for 5 much less nice ones, and if those guitars combined do 'make up the value' as you insist they do then you sell them and get back to me when you have the money then?? I dont get it. The wah guy was clearly a twat, but the first sign of any bullshit from a potential buyer or buyer and I tell them to get lost and refund their money - cant be arsed dealing with flakes
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4670
    Chalky said:
    If I ever get a buyer trying to back out, I agree to it straight away. True wisdom is that you want LESS interaction with twats in your life. So let them walk away. If I get a buyer being very slow to pay, I send a polite message offering to cancel the deal if they have changed their mind, no problem.  Let them walk away.

Telling them they are a twat makes you look silly. Do you think they are going to take any notice of an unknown internet person? Do you think you are that influential?

Sadly its not Ebay's fault that we have twats living amongst us. Similar twats can be found on Gumtree and elsewhere. Maybe even on here? ;)
    well i am happy to look silly, and nope i do not think i am influential in any way at all. 
    the weirdest trade i have been offer thus far was a Vintage AFD i had listed , some chap asked if i would trade for an airgun 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    3 years old? He'll be a future Bonamassa - to be discouraged at all costs....
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3327
    I sold a MacBook last week for £450. Had an offer of an Xbox, an iPod and loads of beamy baby teddies. When I declined I was told I'm an idiot as I could easily sell it all for £500. The worlds mad. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Chalky said:

well i am happy to look silly, and nope i do not think i am influential in any way at all. 
    I meant influential on twats!  I know it feels good to give someone a piece of your mind sometimes, but twats are impervious to it, especially over the internet.  Which is part of the reason they are twats - acting twattish and  annoying other people comes natural to them.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited July 2017
    Just a quick query... How do you know the last bit is not STILL the 3 year old just trying to cover so he doesn't get in trouble for spending dads money on wah pedals?

You might have just taught a toddler the word "twat". 

Some people just don't think through the consequences of their actions  

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    im fairly sure if said 3yr old has a such a high level of typing skills he will already be aware of the word Twat so my consciense is clear 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    I sold a MacBook last week for £450. Had an offer of an Xbox, an iPod and loads of beamy baby teddies. When I declined I was told I'm an idiot as I could easily sell it all for £500. The worlds mad. 
    Needs more magic beans. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14426
    edited July 2017
    The adult male bidder wanted the wah pedal. Wanted it cheaply. Kept increasing his offer until you accepted it.

Bought.

Paid.

Wife found out.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • ChairsChairs Frets: 52
    edited May 2018
    I’m retroactively amending all my comments for privacy’s sake. I know they’re cached in places, but this is still a best attempts effort. Mods - if any rules have been broken, please revert this post.
    I've been around since MusicRadar as Schpudd. Current feedback here. Or eBay feedback on request.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671

Don't be such a crybaby!!

;)

16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14426
    edited July 2017
    I disagree. I say that the world is skint. The (guitar buying) world wants to spend money that it doesn't have.

This very discussion board is not immune to the junk exchange offer phenomenon. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    WezV said:

Don't be such a crybaby!!

;)

Badaboom ! 

been waiting for that all thread