Anybody notice a sudden price jump in guitars? I know they have been rising

What's Hot
adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
lately anyway but it seems overnight on existing products. 

Some guitars I've been looking at at the usual retailers have suddenly gone up £50 to £60 pounds overnight.

A guitar I bought for £900 is now £949.00 and the Kramer 84 I had is now £70 more than I paid for it.

Usually these things go the other way. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4670
    Brexit 
    7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    Brexit 
    It's a handy excuse for everyone now. If you ask for a pay rise at work. mmm tough times brexit etc.

It's a shame you can't even get a good bargain on anything on ebay anymore. Not just guitars I used to buy all sorts of stuff. But now ebay has got you with their ridiculous postage fees from the global shipping programme. You could get a t-shirt that you might not find here and not have to spend much now it costs £50.00

I am going to the states in October maybe I'll bring back a guitar that way.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Didn't we have the same thread a few days ago?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Ravenous said:
    I'm sure that was about a price hike not a price jump ;-)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    Ravenous said:
    We do the same thread every few days....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    It's the Torys man they are pushin up prices on everything.
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Say what you will, but it is brexit having a direct or non direct impact - well done all leavers youve done brilliantly. Anyway, as you were
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom

Hope the leavers are all enjoying higher prices and less disposable income 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Exactly, he gets it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    I never usually notice these things, but I got the fright of my life when I saw how much it costs for a Johnny Marr Jaguar now. £1489 to £1919 in less than 2 years. 
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    capo4th said:

'Project Fear' alive and well on The Fretboard. Oh FFS, get a grip. If one worries about what's outside, one would never leave the house.

Leaving the EU isnt about the economics, and we all realise there's a price for regaining independence. The leavers know this. The country knows this, yet a few remainers continue to stake their claim as Pub Bore of the decade. Zzzzzzzz.

There's something to be said for being an independent nation. Making our own choices, setting our own laws, maintaining our own borders, trading with the rest of the world, etc.

Banging on about high prices as an excuse to remain wedded to the increasingly belligerant EU is such a bore. Yadda yadda. We've had 18 months of this shit, and all the other doom mongering from remainers, its pathetic.

Despite what the BBC tell you, there are positives, and its up to every Brit to realise this, and make it a success and not a failure.

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
    fandango said:
    capo4th said:

'Project Fear' alive and well on The Fretboard. Oh FFS, get a grip. If one worries about what's outside, one would never leave the house.

Leaving the EU isnt about the economics, and we all realise there's a price for regaining independence. The leavers know this. The country knows this, yet a few remainers continue to stake their claim as Pub Bore of the decade. Zzzzzzzz.

There's something to be said for being an independent nation. Making our own choices, setting our own laws, maintaining our own borders, trading with the rest of the world, etc.

Banging on about high prices as an excuse to remain wedded to the increasingly belligerant EU is such a bore. Yadda yadda. We've had 18 months of this shit, and all the other doom mongering from remainers, its pathetic.

Despite what the BBC tell you, there are positives, and its up to every Brit to realise this, and make it a success and not a failure.

Not project fear my friend just simple facts that everyone is worse off as a result of higher prices.

Everyone has less disposable income due to higher prices that is a fact.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Without expressing which side of the debate I'm on, could we possibly change the forum rules to keep talk about Brexit in Speakers Corner?

It's turning things a bit nasty at times, and we are all supposed to be fret bros in here :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    I can't recall a nasty Brexit thread.

Fandango night need to go and see someone about his stress levels though.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Without expressing which side of the debate I'm on, could we possibly change the forum rules to keep talk about Brexit in Speakers Corner?

It's turning things a bit nasty at times, and we are all supposed to be fret bros in here :)
    Why wouldn't you express which side of the debate your on? Far too many people in the closet on so many issues.
  • brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 362
    Yeah I don't come here to argue about Brexit, that's what Twitter's for (and I'm not on that either).

That said, I'm not convinced that we weren't better off cutting trade deals as part of a mighty economic bloc, rather than as a pissant island with figures of the stature of the disgraced former defence minister Liam Fox (who was forced to resign in disgrace) doing the deal-making...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    darthed1981 said: 

Hands up all those who vote that talk about Brexit should Remain in this thread?  And all those who vote Leave?

I'll get me coat.... ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I find it quite hilarious that people can't discuss something that is going to be daily news for the next two years. Maybe some people are frustrated that they voted incorrectly or are worried about the consequences of their vote. Decisions made on Brexit in the next 2 years will be with you for the rest of your life and your children. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893

There's only one belligerent voice here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    There is a very simple connection between our currency being devalued by 20% and an increase in the cost of things, it's just a fact.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom