SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT Fender Hot Rod Deluxe George Benson III

What's Hot
Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
edited July 2017 in Amps £
Now then,

Bit of a tentative post as I'm not desperate to move this on but I am just fancying a bit of a change...

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe George Benson III. I had a HRD II ages ago and decided to try a newer offering of one so bought this. It's a great amp and has served me well. Has clean headroom for days and is as loud as you like! Similar to the HRD II it's a great all rounder and has been extremely reliable. 

I've never had any problems with it and has been kept in great condition. I still have the original box so postage is also an option. 

I have a 68' Princeton Reverb which I love and I'm looking for another Fender amp with that sort of character but louder. Preferably a Vibrolux but could also be interested in a Deluxe Reverb or anything of that ilk. 

Sale price - I am unsure on what to list it at as they rarely come up for sale. I've had a quick look at "sold" listings on e bay but it's all the standard models that come up. Currently Coda are selling the at £920 so I will make a stab at... £550 £525 ono. Feel free to tell me if I'm way off the mark!

Happy to trade and add cash either way if appropriate!

There should be a few pictures on the link below! 

https://imgur.com/a/EMNYv

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I was looking at that the other day! Ha! I noticed you're only in York too (I'm Harrogate).

Unfortunately gigging commitments mean I need a louder amp than the Princeton so I would only be looking for an amp swap.

Thanks for the offer though!
  • thomholmesthomholmes Frets: 13
    I was looking at that the other day! Ha! I noticed you're only in York too (I'm Harrogate).

Unfortunately gigging commitments mean I need a louder amp than the Princeton so I would only be looking for an amp swap.

Thanks for the offer though!
    Ah cool! No problem. I love my HRD standard and one day might get to try one of these :)
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited July 2017
    Fabulous and over-looked amp and poorly marketed IMHO by Fender i.e. not enough of a push & because of the name associated with it, that it's an amp just for jazz. It's not.

IMHO, the cleans on this are better than the standard HRD  (richer, more sparkle but with more body) and it's a very good pedal platform. 100w speaker for higher, clean headroom (40w amp) and then you also have the overdrive channel

GLWTS and people interested, just forget the "George Benson" moniker as this amp can do so much more and these are £900 new.
  • Kebabkid said:
    Fabulous and over-looked amp and poorly marketed IMHO by Fender i.e. not enough of a push & because of the name associated with it, that it's an amp just for jazz. It's not.

IMHO, the cleans on this are better than the standard HRD  (richer, more sparkle but with more body) and it's a very good pedal platform. 100w speaker for higher, clean headroom (40w amp) and then you also have the overdrive channel

GLWTS and people interested, just forget the "George Benson" moniker as this amp can do so much more and these are £900 new.
    Thanks @Kebabkid ;

You're absolutely right in that it is not just restricted to jazz. It's for anyone that needs plenty of great headroom with the added bonus and versatility of a drive channel.

It does sound different to a standard hot rod deluxe. Different valves I believe. I know of some people trying to mod their HRDs to be similar to the George Benson. 

This amp SHOULD do whatever is needed. The ultimate covers/function amp (probably!). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump!
  • Bump!
  • And up - had quite a few trade deals but nothing has come off yet or nowt has tickled me fancy!
  • erky32erky32 Frets: 49
    Bassbreaker 18/30 ??