NGD Birthday Guitar - I love my wife!!

What's Hot
impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
Twas my birthday last weekend - and my wife surprised the hell out of me by buying me a guitar! I had previously owned a Recording King Lap Steel that I sold after picking up an old Selmer Steel - that I never played. The Recording King was a great little steel, though and I mentioned to my beloved that I may think about trying to track one down again... Guess what was in the box on my birthday?

This one is just as good as the last one - after I sorted out the bad pickup mounting (too low and on the piss). I will be saving my pennies up and buying a better P90 for it in the long term, as the original one isn't massively complex sounding! I shall also fit better pots - but for now, I'm just enjoying scraping around on this thing.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Yeah, your wife's great. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27495
    This is the second "my wife bought me a guitar" in 2 weeks.  Could this be the start of a trend ???

I'll get MrsTT signed up now ...

Congrats @impmann
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice one. When's her birthday and have you started planning it yet?
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    Congrats on having a fantatstic wife!
    It's our 10th wedding anniversary this week. I got my wife flights to Dubai for the week (so she can visit her sister), whilst I look after our 3 boys (7, 5 and 2).
    So, the question is, would it be wrong for me to "assume" that she wanted to buy me an Ampmaker kit, but just hadn't found the time yet?
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    FX_Munkee said:
    Congrats on having a fantatstic wife!
    It's our 10th wedding anniversary this week. I got my wife flights to Dubai for the week (so she can visit her sister), whilst I look after our 3 boys (7, 5 and 2).
    So, the question is, would it be wrong for me to "assume" that she wanted to buy me an Ampmaker kit, but just hadn't found the time yet?
    Perfectly acceptable assumption.  :)
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    BTW Congrats Imp on having a wife that will buy you guitar stuff for your birthday.
  • seany65seany65 Frets: 264
    You'd better get your wife a really nice new iron or a good vacuum cleaner for her brithday, or you'll really be in the doghouse.
    :-bd
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Happy birthday. I've always wanted an RK steel. I'd have to put a gold foil pickup on it, though.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Happy birthday and that was nice of your wife.
  • Lovely looking thing that. Congrats and happy Birthday
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    Nice present . Well done.